• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up my NC750X DCT today! Got to give it a short shake down ride, only 17 miles, but WOW! I only reached for the clutch lever 5 times! Lol! So smooth, shifts were seamless. It seemed to be bogging down in 6th gear against the wind but then I realized I was dragging the rear brake. ‍♂️ oh well, the neuropathy in my feet appears to be the culprit. That or I'm just an idiot, lol. OMG! The hand warmers!! I couldn't believe how nice they were. I would have ridden longer but it's cold and I don't have proper cold riding gear yet. It came with "0" miles on the clock but will soon have a bunch more to keep it company.

I picked up my NC750X DCT today! Got to give it a short shake down ride, only 17 miles, but WOW! I only reached for the clutch lever 5 times! Lol! So smooth, shifts were seamless. It seemed to be bogging down in 6th gear against the wind but then I realized I was dragging the rear brake. ‍♂️ oh well, the neuropathy in my feet appears to be the culprit. That or I'm just an idiot, lol. OMG! The hand warmers!! I couldn't believe how nice they were. I would have ridden longer but it's cold and I don't have proper cold riding gear yet. It came with "0" miles on the clock but will soon have a bunch more to keep it company.
That is so cool.

And to get 0 miles on the ticker, I would have had to take a picture of that also. That blue does look good.

Yup you need some good riding gear if we are going to try to keep up with The Ferret!

Had to go out and move my NC behind the quad with snow blade in the garage. Woke up to an inch of white death on the ground and it's still coming down hard. Looking at weather app says it's going to snow all day. I am going to confidently say there will be no riding for me today except on the quad lol

Had to go out and move my NC behind the quad with snow blade in the garage. Woke up to an inch of white death on the ground and it's still coming down hard. Looking at weather app says it's going to snow all day. I am going to confidently say there will be no riding for me today except on the quad
I hate that but it is January going on to February.

I got to do about 110 miles today. It was 37°F when I left and it is 40°F now that I got home. I did run into some heavy mist for a few miles but I had some good riding gear on and it wasn't bad.

IMG_20230122_114545403_HDR.jpgIMG_20230122_114558894_HDR.jpg
I cut across some of the Cherokee "reservation". The sign on the store has some Cherokee written language on it.

Then I went to the three state boundary marker.
For the picture I was standing in Oklahoma, looking across Arkansas at my bike which was in Missouri.

IMG_20230122_132821437_HDR.jpgIMG_20230122_133049497.jpgThe lady at the store told me that the stone on top of the monument is the original marker

Today, I did what I do normally on any day the roads aren't icey- grabbed my backpack, geared up, rolled out of the driveway in neutral to not wake up the kids, and commuted to work. Getting my miles and experience on the short drive to and from my work, cruising the back route to blow off steam after a long day.

Today, I did what I do normally on any day the roads aren't icey- grabbed my backpack, geared up, rolled out of the driveway in neutral to not wake up the kids, and commuted to work. Getting my miles and experience on the short drive to and from my work, cruising the back route to blow off steam after a long day.
That is similar to what I do.

After getting 2 1/2" of snow yesterday wasn't sure I'd get out today, but roads were fine for 30 miles @ 35 degrees

YqTCqiKh.jpg

QDyVf53h.jpg

Day 20 of riding a beautiful day in the Ohio Valley 42 degrees and sunny for today's 50 mile ride

Tonight they are forecasting a Winter Weather Advisory for tonight into tomorrow with accumulating snow. Booooo
I usually ride to work but with a similar snow advisory here, I will drive to work this evening.

I took my NC750 to the track. Not the best track bike but it is the best all-round bike that does everything. I still managed to stay in front of many litre sports bikes as the Honda drives so well out of corners. Managed to use up ALL of the tread width by wearing down the foot pegs. 27 degrees and beautiful (80 degrees F)

Attachments

• Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 19
I took my NC750 to the track. Not the best track bike but it is the best all-round bike that does everything. I still managed to stay in front of many litre sports bikes as the Honda drives so well out of corners. Managed to use up ALL of the tread width by wearing down the foot pegs. 27 degrees and beautiful (80 degrees F)

Not the first time that a well ridden one of these humble motorcycles has given a good account of itself. I believe another member (or former member) on here visited the race tracks regularly with good outcome also.

Yesterday's flurries left about 1/2" of snow covering my curvy uphill driveway so I had to plow with my quad before getting out today. Once out and I got thru the 3 shady bad spots on my street out to the main highway, things were good.

dBpeF4hh.jpg

Took a couple back roads out to St Rt 749, south to St Rt 52. Went east on 52. Stopped for a fill up on 52. Had gone 179.5 miles on this tank and it took 2.8 to fill, for 64 mpg (my normal winter mileage). Continued east out 52 to north on St Rt 743 to east on St Rt 756 to south on St Rt 133 to west on St Rt 52 to north on St RT 232 to west on St Rt 222 and took a couple back roads to home.

64 miles @ 38 degrees for the 22nd day of riding in January. Today's ride also took me over 1,000 miles for the month.

MEEa
Yesterday's flurries left about 1/2" of snow covering my curvy uphill driveway so I had to plow with my quad before getting out today. Once out and I got thru the 3 shady bad spots on my street out to the main highway, things were good.

dBpeF4hh.jpg

Took a couple back roads out to St Rt 749, south to St Rt 52. Went east on 52. Stopped for a fill up on 52. Had gone 179.5 miles on this tank and it took 2.8 to fill, for 64 mpg (my normal winter mileage). Continued east out 52 to north on St Rt 743 to east on St Rt 756 to south on St Rt 133 to west on St Rt 52 to north on St RT 232 to west on St Rt 222 and took a couple back roads to home.

64 miles @ 38 degrees for the 22nd day of riding in January. Today's ride also took me over 1,000 miles for the month.
The local news is reporting live from the scene where a school bus and a country dump truck froze to the pavement while waiting at a stop sign.

Meanwhile The Ferret comes motoring by just as casual as ever ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back