• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

24,000 mile oil report

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
azepumur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Good news!

For those that say the engine will seize or explode if you go past 3000 miles on your oil, I will refer them to this report as evidence to the contrary.

I'm just coming up on 7500 miles on my NC's oil. Based on your findings I'll skip the oil analysis.

Greg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I actually just requested two kits from Blackstone the other day. Got myself worked up reading posts about my wife's car (Nissan Juke) eating timing chains and thought it'd be a good idea to have the oil analysed. Figured I'd throw in the NC's sample at the same time. I'll post up my results when I get them.

trey

That is a fantastic report! I wonder what it would look like with a 10w30?

Not to start an oil thread debate..............but likely little or no difference with 10w30. I would also suspect brand of oil would not make a huge difference either..........it's all slippery when wet:cool::cool::cool:

That is a fantastic report! I wonder what it would look like with a 10w30?
Since Maxima Pro Plus is a full synthetic there would likely be very little difference in values if 10w30 was used. Engines like the NC700 that share engine oil with the transmission are very hard on oil and shear down to a thinner viscosity over time is a valid reason to favor a 10w30 mineral oil over a 10w40 mineral oil but synthetics are much better than mineral oils in this regard.

If the oil in the sample was not synthetic then a 10w30 would likely retain higher viscosity numbers over 8,000 miles compared to a 10w40. Whether or not the lower 10w40 mineral oil values over time are a cause for concern is not a subject I choose to go into.

Back