• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

3D-printed short windscreen

jordan325ic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just throwing this out there in case anybody else wants. I couldn't find one to buy so I designed one. I assume it will fit an NC750X as well, but haven't researched. Shape roughly modeled on the stock screen, but it cuts off just above the gauge cluster, probably 5" shorter than the stock screen. For me (6'5") this is the quietest configuration, even very tall screens create turbulent air that buffets my helmet. I printed it in rPETG filament, and and it's pretty ugly (had some Z banding issues) but for a functional part it's fine. I wouldn't use PLA for this. Can email the Fusion 360 file if anybody wants to modify it.

Edit: New link.

Untitled.png
IMG-0106.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome job! and great 3D model. I've been contemplating 3d printing my own side deflectors for the OEM windscreen. I prefer of OEM look and height, but as you all know its lacking in wind protection.

I recently decided to do something about wind noise behind the screen of my X-Adv. I went researching on the web. I found a chap in Greece who had designed an extra piece for attachment to the existing screen and it worked. It is not perfect but good enough to be effective. Here You can see it added to the bottom of the existing screen on my bike. It is a 3D job also.

IMG_1628.JPG

Just throwing this out there in case anybody else wants. I couldn't find one to buy so I designed one. I assume it will fit an NC750X as well, but haven't researched. Shape roughly modeled on the stock screen, but it cuts off just above the gauge cluster, probably 5" shorter than the stock screen. For me (6'5") this is the quietest configuration, even very tall screens create turbulent air that buffets my helmet. I printed it in rPETG filament, and and it's pretty ugly (had some Z banding issues) but for a functional part it's fine. I wouldn't use PLA for this. Can email the Fusion 360 file if anybody wants to modify it.

Edit: Forgot to add the link! Here it is:

View attachment 47850
View attachment 47849
I am interested in printing one of these, but your link is broken. Results in a 404. Could you re-upload the file or provide a link in Google Drive?

That was from an old ender5+ I had. Loved the build volume, hated the printer. My Prusa MK3S, on the other hand, is an absolute dream.

Why not just get stock short screen from someone on here who replaced theirs with a tall one--cut it off with a band saw and shoot it with truck bed coating
That's what I did, only I left it clear.

Touring/winter screen on right, stock screen in middle, cut down summer screen on left

sb2eIGJh.jpg

Touring/winter screen

0r9Qzhch.jpg

Stock screen

bdRUprhh.jpg

Summer screen

PLoiEZch.jpg

Of course, if you have a 3D printer and like to make things anyway, why not experiment?

The basic Honda screen is 440mm h x 410mm w which is more ornament than protection but as part of an accessory pack the honda large screen is 465mm h x 410mm w ( and a non-negotiable £115) but which I found to be equally useless in providing any level of wind protection. I then discovered a company here in the UK called Slipscreens (UK EBay) and I purchased their tourer screen at 550mm h x 440mm w which I have been really pleased with. I find it to be a huge improvement giving full protection against the UK wind and rain, there is now no buffeting on my helmet and shoulders and it gives a really comfortable ride.

Hello everyone
Here is a little clip, I changed my NC750X 21 screen, I just found to noisy
I believe it is a 2012/2015 700/750x screen

I love the look of it

The basic Honda screen is 440mm h x 410mm w which is more ornament than protection but as part of an accessory pack the honda large screen is 465mm h x 410mm w ( and a non-negotiable £115) but which I found to be equally useless in providing any level of wind protection. I then discovered a company here in the UK called Slipscreens (UK EBay) and I purchased their tourer screen at 550mm h x 440mm w which I have been really pleased with. I find it to be a huge improvement giving full protection against the UK wind and rain, there is now no buffeting on my helmet and shoulders and it gives a really comfortable ride.
Is this the one? https://www.slipscreens.co.uk/product/honda-nc750x-2016-2018-touring-screen/

That looks really nice, I especially like the added width near the top of the screen -- something I wish my Givi had.

That's what I did, only I left it clear.

Touring/winter screen on right, stock screen in middle, cut down summer screen on left

sb2eIGJh.jpg

Touring/winter screen

0r9Qzhch.jpg

Stock screen

bdRUprhh.jpg

Summer screen

PLoiEZch.jpg

Of course, if you have a 3D printer and like to make things anyway, why not experiment?
I am looking at cutting my screen down, did you have to sand the edges, or just trim with a band saw?

No we used a" block sander" to lightly sand the edges

Painters tape for protection and to scribe cutting line on

VaIHv9vh.jpg

Cutting with jig saw with plastic blade

cpuRuJxh.jpg

Sanding edge smooth with sand paper wrapped around a piece of wood

vywoioVh.jpg

Back