• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

3D printing and your frunk

IGottaRoam

Reaction score
Visit site
So as I took the cage to grab some breakfast the other morning (my skills are still not ready for prime time), I left the drive-thru thinking about how I'd put the meal in my frunk for the ride home(I hate the word frunk, BTW. I need to come up with something better).

My mind wandered further and I imagined a cup holder similar to the four-place ones they give you at fast food joints. Of course then I thought about printing one up. It was the rabbit hole of the day. Still thinking about it.

Has anyone accessorized their frunk with organizers, cup holders, flashlight mounts, etc, 3d printed, or not?

So as I took the cage to grab some breakfast the other morning (my skills are still not ready for prime time), I left the drive-thru thinking about how I'd put the meal in my frunk for the ride home(I hate the word frunk, BTW. I need to come up with something better).
Forward storage compartment

Tank bin

Cargo hold where the tank used to be

Bike purse

or does it have to be one word, like Frunk, only different?

My mind wandered further and I imagined a cup holder similar to the four-place ones they give you at fast food joints. Of course then I thought about printing one up. It was the rabbit hole of the day. Still thinking about it.

Has anyone accessorized their frunk with organizers, cup holders, flashlight mounts, etc, 3d printed, or not?

I too don't like "frunk". It's actually more of a mid trunk than front trunk so - munk?...maybe not...

I've taken to calling it the cargo hold or just the "hold".
I note that the Ferret has come up with cargo hold as well.

So, midships cargo hold - mid hold - mold?...naw think I'll just call it the hold...

Last edited:
In answer to the op's question, my bike's hold tends to have a jumbled accumulation of "stuff" at the bottom. Some kind of organizer seems like a great idea!

I too don't like "frunk". It's actually more of a mid trunk than front trunk so - munk?

I've taken to calling it the cargo hold or just the "hold".
I note that the Ferret has come up with cargo hold as well.

So, midships cargo hold - mid hold - mold?...naw think I'll just call it the hold...
I'm OK with 'munk" if we can call a top box a "tox", or call side bags "sags." Usage: "The munk, tox, and sags were packed full for my trip. I even loaded up the Drack (Dale's rack)."

BTW, I really think this forum can take the credit (or the blame) for inventing the word "frunk." It has spread through the media. Others, like Tesla or Volkswagen may claim it, but I like to think it started right here. The word is being watched by the dictionary: https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/frunk-front-trunk-car-words-were-watching

In answer to the op's question, my bike's hold tends to have a jumbled accumulation of "stuff" at the bottom. Some kind of organizer seems like a great idea!

Here ya go - https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/frunk-storage-in-the-lid.16109/page-2#post-220712

I'm OK with 'munk" if we can call a top box a "tox", or call side bags "sags." Usage: "The munk, tox, and sags were packed full for my trip. I even loaded up the Drack (Dale's rack)."

BTW, I really think this forum can take the credit (or the blame) for inventing the word "frunk." It has spread through the media. Others, like Tesla or Volkswagen may claim it, but I like to think it started right here. The word is being watched by the dictionary: https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/frunk-front-trunk-car-words-were-watching

I think I'll pass on those. Munk, tox and sags sounds like dialogue from Clockwork Orange. I did notice a lot of tesla results when I googled frunk organizer. But Frunk has always meant the NC to me.

I haven't 3D printed anything for the frunk, mostly because I only really use it to hold my rain gear and not much else except maybe groceries and a 12 pack, none of which would benefit from any sort of 3D printed organizer. But I did 3D print an ID holder that is velcro'd between the windshield and the black piece over the instrument panel. Game changer for anyone who needs to show or swipe an ID to get somewhere since it makes it easily accessible.

Now that you got me thinking about it though, I may try to 3D print something to hold the EZPass that is in my rear top box. I have velcro straps screwed to the lid holding it right now, but the one strap broke so it is coming loose.

Sorry, but no dice on this site as an originator for "Frunk". Porsche (since forever) had a frunk in the 356. The Fiat X1/9? Fiat guys have been calling it's front trunk a frunk since the early 70's (I think the "Road and Track" article mentioned "Frunk" in 1974). Not to mention Lotus, MR2, Fiero, Corvair, Citroen 2CV, VW everything...

And as far as munk, tox and sags goes...I believe those may be actual Klingon words for various genitalia.

Lastly, "Shart" is by far the greatest contraction thunk up in the last few decades.

Back