• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

$47 intercom set - new - review

FezUSA

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So before I bought the NCX I was seriously considering the CTX and actually took one for a test ride while I continued my research into a replacement for my PCX (ended up with the NCX as I much preferred the seating position and the frunk was just icing!!). As such I also joined the CTX forum and still check that site quite frequently. Not too long ago someone posted about a $47 intercom/headset. That got me interested as my 16 yr old daughter had started riding my PCX and I wanted to be able to communicate with her during our rides. The $100-250 units were a little pricey, especially as you actually need to double that as we'd each need one. So we decided that for the $ we'd take a chance on these budget alternatives.

I've updated the OP's post with our experience thus far, which has been positive. If you're in the market for a unit and don't need the bells/whistles etc. then I'd seriously recommend these units. I ordered ours from the site linked in the original article (but picked a product listing that showed 2 units as it was slightly cheaper than 2 x single units). However you can also find the exact units on Amazon which probably gives you better customer service recourse should you need it. I've since also purchased additional charging cables for our units form Amazon so that I can leave a cable on the bike as well as in my work bag etc.

Bottom line, good cheap alternative.

Original post over on the CTX site: $47 Intercom - surprisingly good! - Honda CTX700 Forum

Amazon single unit: https://www.amazon.com/Communication-FreedConn-TCOM-SC-Motorcycle-Range-800M/dp/B013JUCMW6

Amazon dual unit: https://www.amazon.com/Communication-FreedConn-TCOM-SC-Motorcycle-Range-800M/dp/B013JVIVFC

Just thought I'd post an update as I bought one of these a while back and so did my Daughter and Son in law.

My daughter and Son in Law have only used the intercom feature when riding together (separate bikes). They absolutely LOVE it!
They said they rode for over an hour and talked the whole time... and even kept talking wearing their helmets as they walked back inside their house.

I haven't had a chance to try out the intercom feature as I ride solo most of the time, however I have used mine for listening to podcasts and music and making phone calls while I ride. I've been on the phone nearly 2 hours total and listened to podcast for an additional 30 or 40 minutes and still had a half charge showing on the battery meter.
I bought 2 of these since they were so cheap and will charge one while using the other on long rides so I never have to ride in silence.

I would recommend ordering from ali Express over Amazon only because you get an additional soft Mic and speaker setup for the same price. But you will have to wait an extra couple weeks most likely as they ship from China.

I have never used any other bluetooth setup so I can't compare them to the higher end Sena and other brands. But the price comparison says allot, and I like it better than my wired setup I was using with my Motocomm setup.

Just thought I'd post a review for anybody interested

And thank you FezUSA for posting this!

Last edited:
I'm using a flip up Gmax GM54 helmet. It doesn't have a spot for Bluetooth but this unit comes with a clip on that will mount to probably any helmet

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Another update .....

I just returned from a 1000 mile trip to Arkansas. I rode 10 hours and never was able to kill this bluetooth headset. Did the same thing on the return trip.. not sure how long it will last but it lasted 10 hours for me twice... I talked on the phone for hours one day. listened to podcasts and audio books the other day. Sucker last a long time! I had bought a second one to use when the first died...but never had to use it.

It connects flawlessly... the only time I had a problem with it was when I forgot to plug the speaker/mic cable back in after charging it... thought it wasn't working then I realized I never plugged the cable back in after charging it.. LOL

Oh.. and as far as waterproof goes.. it must be waterproof. I rode for 250+ miles in good solid rain with no issues...

Last edited:
I have one too with the FM radio. Works great, but there is no volume control on the radio. Above 60 you can hardly hear the radio but the phone works great.

I have one too with the FM radio. Works great, but there is no volume control on the radio. Above 60 you can hardly hear the radio but the phone works great.

I have the FM radio model also and yes you can control the volume while the radio is playing. Once you have a channel you want to listen to you can control the volume by turning the control knob AND holding in the direction you desire (up or down). If you don't hold the control knob long enough then it will channel surf for a new radio channel rather than control the volume.

I have a Sena 20s on my helmet (Bell Revolver Evo) and wanted something for my son's helmet (Joe Rocket RKT)

I just bought a cheap headset from Ebay and plan to put it in my son's helmet so we can talk on our occasional rides. I was thinking about getting a Sena 5 which is sure to pair and work excellently with my 20s, but at over 3x the cost and considering how infrequently it will be used I decided to take the risk and try this one out.

Sena has a "universail intercom" feature that allows it to pair with any standard bluetooth headset. Apparently, anything you can pair with a cell pair will work. I have already did a proof of concept with my wife's LG Tone bluetooth headset and it pairs with my Sena perfectly - so I am very optimistic that this headset will work as well as it is supposed to work well with a cell phone for phone calls and listening to music.

When it arrives and I hook it up I will give a full report. This is the one I bought - it was $43 with free shipping at the time.
1000m Waterproof Wireless Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth 3.0 Intercom Headset FM CA | eBay

This is actually my 2nd time trying this.... the first time the item never showed and I had to request my $ back from ebay - which I got and was not difficult.

Thanks guys. Have been thinking about getting a basic intercom for two up riding. Want something cheap as will only use it a few times a year. Totally appreciate you taking the time to post your experience about these cost effective units.

I have also heard really good things about the BT-S2 which is about $50 on Amazon as well. I wouldn't be too surprised if they were effectively the same guts in different casings, though...

Very cool, i have been looking for one, i was checking out the Sena, but just ordered this one to try it out, make sure I like it and that I will actually use it. Should be here next week!

I was just reading the description (in broken English) and it says it supports high speed, up to 75mph. Whats the fastest anyone has gone with one of these and kept it attached? I'm no speed addict, but sometimes you need to pass a car for fun...I mean, for safety.

Normal road speeds are no problem, even when overtaking traffic that may or may not be doing close to the limit. And triple digit speeds are apparently not an issue for stability or attachment, although wind noise may negate any sound from the speakers you might otherwise hear. I have no idea how anyone would ever have this experience given that we're all safe, legal riders that would not consider going that fast under any circumstances though...!!

I can say that I'm still happy with mine, although I have to mess around with it each Spring as apparently after a few months of not using it I sometimes forget lesser used functions! The basic connect to phone, pair with another unit etc. are still solid, and both me and my daughter have no issues. Rain has not had any adverse affect either, and I ride often enough in it!

Value for money winner in my book!

Normal road speeds are no problem, even when overtaking traffic that may or may not be doing close to the limit. And triple digit speeds are apparently not an issue for stability or attachment, although wind noise may negate any sound from the speakers you might otherwise hear. I have no idea how anyone would ever have this experience given that we're all safe, legal riders that would not consider going that fast under any circumstances though...!!

I can say that I'm still happy with mine, although I have to mess around with it each Spring as apparently after a few months of not using it I sometimes forget lesser used functions! The basic connect to phone, pair with another unit etc. are still solid, and both me and my daughter have no issues. Rain has not had any adverse affect either, and I ride often enough in it!

Value for money winner in my book!

My Bilt helmet has a similar one (came with the helmet)-been up to 90mph on super-slab and no issues with it staying attached to helmet. The fastest I have been on the bike and conversation on the phone is about 50mph (end caller had no idea I was on the bike-and shield wasn't closed.

Back