• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

48 tooth rear sprocket

Awfully low for a machine that has pretty good grunt at low RPMs. More to the point, why would you use an aluminum rear sprocket on an NC? Costs more, wears quickly, and it's not like it's going to make the NC feel like it's shed any weight.

I prefer steel but these are hard to find. I really want a 45 or 46 tooth steel but can't find one. Are there any other bikes that share our sprockets?

maybe this?

Superlite sprocket

superlite_rs7_steel_rear_sprocket_2.jpg

That's what's on my NC lots of miles and still looks brand new. I wanted more top end so I went down on the rear to a 41 and now I've gotten a front sprocket that would work better with the stock 43 so I'm going to be buying a 43 just like it when my chain starts wearing out

If you have to lower the gearing, larger sprockets on the rear are more chain-friendly than smaller sprockets on the front. Three more rear teeth is just about equivalent to one less front tooth. And really, who wants one less front tooth? Not me.

What'll improve tight slow single track and trail riding in general is a G2 Throttle Tamer.

Back