• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

50 cc Attempt Spring Break 2015

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, friends, it's time, once again, to make another 50cc attempt. I didn't finish the Coast to Coast trip under 50 hours last time, so .... here we go again!
50ccpin.jpg
This attempt will go along I-40 (what used to be Router 66). Last summer's attempt went along I-10, and saw the goal slip away in Texas traffic!

This year the route looks like this:
50ccmap.jpg
Start: Oceanside, CA
End: Tybee Island, GA

If I leave at 03:00 hrs on Sunday, then I will accomplish the goal if I get to Tybee Island before 03:00 hrs
Tuesday morning.

I get five or six hours sleep at the halfway point in Elk City, OK.... I'm not a fan of sleep deprivation or being grossly unsafe!

This year, you will be able to track my position in real time.

Vist [THIS] site ("http://glympse.com/!Bowen50cc")
while I'm live and on the road, and you'll see where I am and how fast I'm gettin' there!
When I'm not broadcasting, it may say page not available or "expired". Don't worry just try again later, and I'll be live again. If anything about that changes, I'll post it here.

I'll post results here win, lose, or bust!

Last edited:
In Arkansas, the first construction marker on the map in AR is just before Russellville. Be prepared to drop down to HWY64 which runs parallel to I-40. I-40 is 1 lane through there and backs up. Once you hit Russellville on Hwy64 you can get back on I40.

The second marker is between Conway, where I live, and Little Rock. They are adding a 3rd lane but the existing 2 lanes are open and traffic normally flows well. The construction has been going on for years so people are used to it. As with most cities, morning rush hour is bumper to bumper.

The third one is West Memphis where I40 and I55 join. When I went through at Christmas, it wasn’t an issue but I haven’t been through since then. Again rush hour would be bad.

One other note, I40 from Little Rock to West Memphis is the 2nd or 3rd highest for 18wheeler traffic in the country.

Can you post a link to the map on Googlemaps or something? I want to look closer at your route through Memphis and to B'ham.

Easier than that.... try entering this in maps:

start: Oceanside, CA
waypoint: Barstow, CA
halfway point: Elk City, OK
end: Tybee Island, GA

that's it! Those are the four entries in my TomTom and on my smart phone. I'm counting on the smart phone version of TomTom (with the HD traffic feature turned on) to keep me out of traffic jams. I also have Google Maps and Waze available where ever I can get cell service.

actually, I have scoped it out more carefully.
start - Oceanside - Chevron = 33.199495, -117.382805
waypoint - Barstow
halfway point - Elk City, OK - KOA camp = 35.427946, -99.215277
end = Tybe Island - Shell Gas = 31.995530, -80.848262

entering in all that data produces [THIS] map. 2,475 miles . 35 hours (non stop)

I hope that helps. I've allowed for 20 min gas stops...if anyone wants to know.

Last edited:
The route through Memphis and B'ham are up to date and good.
I know Google Maps on a cell phone will route you down onto Hwy64 before Russellville. Happened to guy coming to the camp n ride this past weekend. Funny thing is he originally ignored it and hit the traffic but was close to an exit so was able to drop down to 64.

There are some holes but the vast majority of I40 through AR has cell coverage.

The route through Memphis and B'ham are up to date and good.
I know Google Maps on a cell phone will route you down onto Hwy64 before Russellville. Happened to guy coming to the camp n ride this past weekend. Funny thing is he originally ignored it and hit the traffic but was close to an exit so was able to drop down to 64.

There are some holes but the vast majority of I40 through AR has cell coverage.

Your local insight is worth its weight in GOLD. thank you.

Good luck-Do NOT hit Nashville or Knoxville (TN) between 3pm and 6pm their local time, especially Knoxville, I-40 can become one big parking lot during rush hour (THDT). Nashville does have HOV lanes which allows motorcycles-not sure about Knoxville.

Best of luck Don. I sincerely hope you are the first to complete a 50CC on a NC700X. I'll be tracking your progress.

Back