• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

600 mi service minor PIA

Geez can Honda make things more difficult?

Did my 600 mile service this morning. On the 2021 when removing the belly pan there is a clip that holds some wiring in the front. It's a pain to unhook and hook.

The drain plug is buried.

The oil filter was installed by Godzilla.

If Honda had put a little cutout for the DCT filter in the belly pan you could do the whole oil change without removing the belly pan at all I believe. And if they put an oval slot in the belly pan you could check your coolant level without removing the belly pan.

Next gripe is the chain adjustment... where there are giant gaps in the adjustment marks on the side of the swingarm, and the bracket that holds it has the indexing mark at the top where there are no marks.

Then that stupid plate on the back of the swingarm for the chain adjustment.. geez how cheap is that?

Finally got it done, and put back together. Glad that's a once every great once in awhile thing!

And for anyone that think that it's easy, you should do a CB1100. THAT'S how it should be to change a motorcyc;le's oil. Honestly.
Truly laughed out loud reading this. I just started my first service on the 750dct and 100% agree. That wire clip was obnoxious. The oil filter is a PITA to get to with the reservoir there. I haven’t got to the chain adjustment yet, but it’s been a mildly aggravating affair so far.

My Tacoma I did the oil last week. Plastic oil filter cover! FFS!

Truly laughed out loud reading this. I just started my first service on the 750dct and 100% agree. That wire clip was obnoxious. The oil filter is a PITA to get to with the reservoir there. I haven’t got to the chain adjustment yet, but it’s been a mildly aggravating affair so far.

My Tacoma I did the oil last week. Plastic oil filter cover! FFS!
Funny! Degrees of difficulty are very subjective.
I found my DCT extremely easy to service.

Funny! Degrees of difficulty are very subjective.
I found my DCT extremely easy to service.
For sure! I think it was more the aggravation of the oil filter feeling like it is welded to bike and not having ALL the tools I’d like. Honestly, thankful I’m not paying someone to do something I can do myself-sometime me worth the hassle.

Yep, everyone complains about the first oil change removing the gorilla installed oil filter...on my first one, many years ago, I bought this at walmart...
The only draw back, it only turns one way (too loosen), cant use it to tighten one....

The more oomph you put into it, the more it grabs...Even use it on my prius c the first time I changed its oil....it had been put on there by the gorilla at the service center....

Back