• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

700/750 power differences

I would question if regular riders would get the same benefit from the manual. People tracking on fuelly are going to tend to get better mileage than the average. The DCT will temper even the heavy-wristed by driving you to a high gear as soon as you let off.

I would question if regular riders would get the same benefit from the manual. People tracking on fuelly are going to tend to get better mileage than the average. The DCT will temper even the heavy-wristed by driving you to a high gear as soon as you let off.
I tracked my 2012 manual for about 15,000 Fuelly miles and averaged ~66 mpg. My 2015 DCT has Fuelly tracked 18,738 miles and has an average at ~63 mpg. I never prioritize fuel economy in my riding style and both bikes have been ridden in the same area in more or less the same way. A sample of 1 is meaningless but it's my belief that because the DCT operates using a set of programmed algorithms that favor lowest rpms for a given road speed these programming choices involve some inevitable gear choice compromises that a manual operator does not have to ride under and the 6% weight penalty of DCT+ABS extracts some fuel efficiency. A general look at Fuelly data for the NC700X (there are several subsets of each model that subdivide the total) gives the impression that manual bikes achieve 2 - 3 mpg higher fuel economy and my experience agrees.

Back