• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

700 miles on a Air Hawk seat pad

IronButt84

Reaction score
www.trailridewith.us
I just put this on for a ride this weekend. I've read other seat reviews and thought this might be the answer for longer rides. I think it increased my mileage between "I need to get off" from before. I played with air pressure some but here is the problem with any air or water bladder seats, rafts, beds or whatever. The air has to go somewhere once weight is applied in one location. Where did it go? Usually where I prefer'd it wouldn't. The boys weren't happy unless re-arranged. The plus side is it allows multiple positions, I'd move it front and kind of hang over the back edge of it and when it is to the rear it wants to roll you front, again a problem. Did I mention I have no meat on my butt! I sit on 2 bones and unless I can hang my GL seat on it I'm guessing this will have to do. It did increase reach a bit but at 5'8" I still seemed stable. Also since this is the second time my bike has had the duty of wood hauler, I'm going to design an attachment to do this and market it! Just kidding....WP_002002.jpgWP_002007 (3).jpg

Haha! Boy-oh-boy, I nearly got arrested for picking up dead wood in Canada. They made me buy another $5 bundle of wood and put my saw away.

Last edited:
I passed a bunch coming into this state park. Asked a ranger if it was allowed and she said I didn't have to go that far. As long as you don't cut it down, help yourself! And it was easy to find.. That was Frog Pond West Virginia.

Thanks for posting your review. So what happens if you decrease the amount of air. does that help? I think the manufacturer recommends just enough to lift your off the seat while seated. If the air is shifting around, have you tried letting more air out?

BTW, what size pad is it?

It's their new adventure bike model. I tried low air and full air. With it full you rock around on it to much, low air seemed to not help my bone'y butt. I'm not done playing with it. I should have changed pressure more but it's tuff to do while moving and I had miles to do. I'll post any updates on this.

The best airhawk air pressure (according to most air hawk users) is just enough to raise your butt off the seat 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I personally like to bottom out on the sides of the seat when I lean over into corners. I guess I am in the 1/4 inch category. Airhawk is the best low cost seat fix and is transferrable to any bike.
Having said that I would LOVE to own a Russell Daylong seat!

The best airhawk air pressure (according to most air hawk users) is just enough to raise your butt off the seat 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I personally like to bottom out on the sides of the seat when I lean over into corners. I guess I am in the 1/4 inch category. Airhawk is the best low cost seat fix and is transferrable to any bike.
Having said that I would LOVE to own a Russell Daylong seat!

I agree with this suggestion. I also have an Air Hawk and it is an excellent product. The saddle on my 690KTM is well known to be the most uncomfortable saddle known to man but the Air Hawk has made it bearable. Just enough air to break contact between the saddle and ones backside is sufficient.

I had a air hawk for one day and took it back.I felt like I was falling off at every turn.slid forward when stopping and made me sit way to high.

I had a air hawk for one day and took it back.I felt like I was falling off at every turn.slid forward when stopping and made me sit way to high.

Too much air.... and not strapped down well. I think with some trial and error you would have seen a huge improvement. Having said that, the air hawk is not for everyone. Some people just don't like that almost "floating" feel in a seat and prefer something more substantial underneath them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Your description of your boney @$$ sounds like we have something in common other than the NC.
It reminded me of a comedian I heard one time say he had no @$$ he had two legs that go right up to his sphincter. That's how I'm built. Too white.

Thanks for posting your review. So what happens if you decrease the amount of air. does that help? I think the manufacturer recommends just enough to lift your off the seat while seated. If the air is shifting around, have you tried letting more air out?

BTW, what size pad is it?

It looks like IronButt84 has the DS , (dual sport) , which is the same as mine. What I found after extensive experimenting is what works best for me is just enough air where your just barely off the bike seat less than a 1/4 inch.

We have a passenger airhawk pad that I use on the NC as a driver's seat. I have done multiple 600 to 700+ mile days with that little pad and I was very comfortable. I have been riding around without it the last month and the I can't go 80 miles without squirming. About a 1/4" of air is all it takes.

It looks like IronButt84 has the DS , (dual sport) , which is the same as mine. What I found after extensive experimenting is what works best for me is just enough air where your just barely off the bike seat less than a 1/4 inch.

Since I'm taking off on another long ride in less than two weeks so I can't order the Sargent Seat I'll have to do the AirHawk seat .... Which one is the DS that fits the NC700X ... Thanks

Duh never mind .... the DS Cruiser NEW seat from Air Hawk .... found it and is one the way .... Amazon had it for $159.00 + 3.99 for Monday delivery .... sorry if not suppose to reveal Source and amount but thinking my LDComfort made my stock seat with beads ok without LD Gear 100 mile butt hurts so better get AirHawk... thanks everyone for helping out ...

Last edited:
Back