• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A big WHATS UP from polar vortex frozen Northern VT

cjohnvt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone - been lurking for a few months and am finally getting around to introducing myself. Got my first new bike in May 2013, a left over 2012 NC. Didn't steal it, but got a good deal. Decided on it for a bunch of reasons that are fairly typical of our kind, frugal, fuel efficient, not to intimidating for a new bike, etc. This is my third bike behind a 2004 Suzuki DR200SE and then a 1992 Yamaha Seca II (which I now realize was actually quite fast for a '92). I was bitten hard when my brother brought home a copy of Dirt Bike magazine in the early '80s and I proceeded to pester my parents nonstop to get me a dirt bike. Needless to say I fared much worse than Ralphie on Christmas Story and never did get a bike until I was 39. Oh well, better late than never and much to my wife's chagrin, I am completely obsessed now. I live in Northern VT now and love it for the riding but am hoping to throw some 80/20s on the bike this summer to get a little further off the beaten path. Hope to see a few of you out there and keep the shiny side up.

Chris

Welcome from Oregon. Hope your weather straightens out soon so you can enjoy the new ride.

Thanks, me too. The one mod I made was the V2 Oxford heated grips, but even those won't warm me enough for this weather. Those suckers get HOT though. I can't go past the 50% mark... I put about 4K on it since May mostly my 60m commute to and from work. Looking at a windscreen, bark busters, and a rear hugger. Would love to throw a new seat on there too. Sorry off on a tangent...

Welcome from PA. I have a M/C trip planned for New England (mostly VT, NH, ME) in August. I'm hoping it warms up by then but this winter has me wondering. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the new bike.

Here's a screenshot from today's ride movie (1/26/14). I was rolling through Arivaca, AZ around 3PM on a nice afternoon ride. High today in Tucson was 73. as you can see from the folks around, it was shirt sleeve weather.

Attachments

• Arivaca.jpg
    Arivaca.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 123
Welcome from SW Missouri! Sometimes its that much better when you have to wait for the opportunity.

Man, I've got to move someplace warmer, minus 34 degrees celsius this morning. Months away from bike weather yet :( I hope you enjoy the new bike, I have really enjoyed mine and have owned alot of them.

Welcome. I just joined the forum and I am starting to look for a NC. If you are looking for riding club that covers a lot of the secondary roads in VT I invite you to check out the BMW Motorcycle Owners of VT if you are not already a member. Great bunch of people and you don't have to own a BMW to join.

Last edited:
Back