• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Few New Farkles

I cant use the X mount .... As long as you don't have any key buttons on the sides of your phone, it works great.

My Moto X4 has three buttons on the side- power and the volume buttons. As long as I put the x-mount pad between the UP and DOWN volume buttons it doesn't press them.

It's the only mount that lets the camera lens see out - and I use my phone for a dashcam.

The biggest issue I have with the X-mount is that while it's holding the phone it will rotate about 15° (I use it in landscape). That's annoying.

Last edited:
My Moto X4 has three buttons on the side- power and the volume buttons. As long as I put the x-mount pad between the UP and DOWN volume buttons it doesn't press them.

It's the only mount that lets the camera lens see out - and I use my phone for a dashcam.

The biggest issue I have with the X-mount is that while it's holding the phone it will rotate about 15° (I use it in landscape). That's annoying.

I dont use my phone as a dashcam, just nav and music, so mine is in the holder vertically. It would slide down a bit (not much, but enough) and that is where the buttons would get pushed. I tried difference cases, but same issue. Even tried the silicon webbing to hold it in place, but the milimeter or so it would slide was enough.

That's when I started looking for alternatives. I bet the one I have will work with your phone, and there will be no 15 deg tilting. With the Ram ball mounts, you can lock it in place easily.

I dont use my phone as a dashcam, just nav and music, so mine is in the holder vertically. It would slide down a bit (not much, but enough) and that is where the buttons would get pushed. I tried difference cases, but same issue. Even tried the silicon webbing to hold it in place, but the milimeter or so it would slide was enough.

That's when I started looking for alternatives. I bet the one I have will work with your phone, and there will be no 15 deg tilting. With the Ram ball mounts, you can lock it in place easily.
By dumb luck the case for my phone has a notch where the mute switch is located. The upper left hand "foot" of the X Grip fits right in it, thus it doesn't slide or move around when gripped. Another case might not have given this advantage to the X Grip.

Just for giggles, try using your x-mount in landscape with the buttons on the top side. Then the weight of the phone will bounce against the two bottom pads.

I bet the one I have will work with your phone, and there will be no 15 deg tilting. With the Ram ball mounts, you can lock it in place easily.
I'm betting it will block the camera lens. The old mount I had worked OK because the lens was centered on the phone- the moto4 has two camera lenses off-center.

Back