• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Honda SL350 visits the beemerphile shop

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My brother procured a 1971 SL350 that hasn't run in ages. I have been asked to do him a brotherly favor and get it running for him. I had one of these in the mid 1970's. Same year and color as his. Though neglected and then as a final insult "worked on" by a certified idiot who left half of the engine in two plastic totes, it only has 2,600 miles on it.

DSC04980.jpg

DSC04981.jpg

Good luck from one technician to another. I would hear "Get er running." several times a week at my old motorcycle shop. Keep us posted on the progress and hopefully you wont need to many parts since that will be a hard year to find for.

...hopefully you wont need to many parts since that will be a hard year to find for.

I have found complete engine seal and gasket kits. Also air filter elements and such. I expect that I will need a full set of cables and have not yet located a source for those.

That is so cool. I would love to fix up a small Honda like that for running around Athens. Alas, without time or money for a new project, I'm a little hamstrung at the moment. It looks like tons of fun. I'd love to see the build progress. Keep us posted.

"Motorcycle Classics" magazine did a mild restoration on a CB350 and they were amazed the engine ran with only a tiny bit of work, not a teardown. Those things were pretty bulletproof, unlike the CB360, so you should try to get it running first then decide if a tear down in necessary. One thing to keep in mind is that it's essentially a "town bike" and won't be used on the 50 State Tour!

ps. The CB and SL have the same engine.

Last edited:
This is the CB350K1 I "got running" a few years ago. I started the "got running" deal with a 1992 Nighthawk 750. After that a CB160, and then this CB350. After that I resigned myself to singles. Old carbs are best dealt with in groups of one in my opinion. Only single cylinder old crocks for me after that.

Back