• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A New Scooter

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
The largest scooter company in the world, came out with a new scooter at the Italy show.

Compare: Kymco Their warranty is twice as long as all the others!

Humor has it that these folks make the parts for a lot of the other manufactures, and yes that does include Honda, BMW, and Yamaha.

Some of the other manufactures products even have these little very small well hidden stickers that even say "Made in China", as the law requires!

And these Twain, China products are very good products that stand up against anyone.

The Chinese are coming!

smileyladylaff.jpg

Last edited:
The largest scooter company in the world, came out with a new scooter at the Italy show.

Compare: Kymco Their warranty is twice as long as all the others!

Humor has it that these folks make the parts for a lot of the other manufactures, and yes that does include Honda, BMW, and Yamaha.

Some of the other manufactures products even have these little very small well hidden stickers that even say "Made in China", as the law requires!

And these Twain, China products are very good products that stand up against anyone.

The Chinese are coming!

Well, if we are into scooters now, here is something for you take everything offroad guys:
This is a Yamaha T-Max Scooter:
TCROSSER Hyper Modified

I've heard of Kymco. I know they make a lot of scooters and sell world wide. I've read a few reviews that were complimentary.
Having said that, I don't have the faintest idea where I could see or buy one in Florida. Personally, I won't consider Kymco as a viable scooter option until there is some evidence of a dealer and parts network in the USA. It may be different in other parts of the country, but after reading a review of one of their scooters I tried, unsuccessfully, to find a dealer. No matter how long the warranty is, it doesn't do you any good if you can't find the parts you need. :)

Bob

OCR,
I stand corrected. Thanks for the update. I guess Kymco has a lot more dealers now than when I last looked. It's been about a year and a half. Last time I checked I'll admit I did find some dealers listed, but when I checked them out they had a couple scooters, no parts, and no service.

Thanks,
Bob

The two listed for Jacksonville have gone out of business and have been replaced with yet a third which makes about 6 dealers in 3 years in Jacksonville.

You might like to have a dealer within 25 miles but not one that changes every year or so.

I agree the Kymco line has solid engineering but the constantly shifting sands of dealers and replacement part supply lines don't give me enough encouragement to consider them a viable purchase. I have a 27 year old scooter I can still get parts for.

If you guys think Kymco dealer network is bad, try to locate a SYM(another Taiwanese builder) dealer in your state/province. Started riding 3yrs ago, bought a SYM HD200 scooter. After 32000km/20000 miles, all it needed was tires, front break pads and cvt belt all bought on Ebay and replaced with my own elbow grease. Can't go wrong with either Kymco or SYM scooter!

I've heard of Kymco. I know they make a lot of scooters and sell world wide. I've read a few reviews that were complimentary.
Having said that, I don't have the faintest idea where I could see or buy one in Florida. Personally, I won't consider Kymco as a viable scooter option until there is some evidence of a dealer and parts network in the USA. It may be different in other parts of the country, but after reading a review of one of their scooters I tried, unsuccessfully, to find a dealer. No matter how long the warranty is, it doesn't do you any good if you can't find the parts you need. :)

Bob

I agree. A friend of mine brought his Kymco scooter to me to try and fix. It needs some parts...the gas tank was leaking around the seam, the rubber intake coupler between the air filter and carb was split and one of the tail lights was broken. I can't find parts to save my life and they have soooooo many different models and variations that it's almost impossible to cross reference. It's still sitting in my garage. Not as big fan at this point almost seems as if they are "disposable scooters" once anything serious goes wrong with them. Just my opinion from my "hand's on" experience.

Kymco is a fine brand of scooter available here in Florida. There is a dealer, Solano Cycles, in Jacksonville and St. Augustine. I have several friends who own them and have had no issues with the way they ride or the service from the dealer.

They don't appeal to me because Vespa makes a scooter in the large frame, GT, GTS, GTV range, that is quite perfect. They cost a little more but are worth every penny.

The newest, GTS or GTV300 has a top speed of 80 mph, with some owners seeing 90. It is smooth, comfortable and stable at these speeds and can be used for long rides. It is very well suited for country roads but can easily handle interstate riding too.

Kymco and Sym make high quality scooters. For years, they manufactured the Honda Cub for Honda. They're Taiwanese. Don't confuse them with some of the total crap scooters coming from mainland China. Genuine Scooters (Buddy, Stella) are also excellent. They're made with LML in India, which built Vespas for many years.

Back