• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A new source for Handguards........:)

wozza

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After doing a search for handguards for the NC700S DCT, I came across a Spanish blog in which the person had fitted hand guards from a Aprilia Dorsorduro 750 to his NC700S DCT. After looking at the below picture taken from his blog. I thought these handguards looked ace.

Dorsorduro750handguards_zpsea8adb53.jpg

So I searched for these handguards and I came across this USA site AF1 racing who supply Aprilia spares. They do a complete kit for these handguards at $109 which is really cheap.... (to European eyes anyway).
They are an easy fit so I've ordered the Handguard and the bush which fits onto the end of the handleweight from a dealer in England.
AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: OEM Aprilia Shiver / Dorsoduro Handguard Kit -

The below is a schematic showing how the parts would fit together. As I've mentioned I've only ordered the Handguards and the bush no16 in the picture. These handguards will easily fit DCT models....:) I will mention that the handguard is a perfect fit for the NC, it's almost as if they were designed to fit our bikes from the outset - which is excellent..

3839-image-3529_zpsba0a17b0.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any information regarding the fitment to the NC700X?
Are they made 100% from plastic, or is there a metal frame or backbone in the guards?
Look nice.
Thanks for sharing.

After doing a search for handguards for the NC700S DCT, I came across a Spanish blog in which the person had fitted hand guards from a Aprilia Dorsorduro 750 to his NC700S DCT. After looking at the below picture taken from his blog. I thought these handguards looked ace.

Dorsorduro750handguards_zpsea8adb53.jpg

So I searched for these handguards and I came across this USA site AF1 racing who supply Aprilia spares. They do a complete kit for these handguards at $109 which is really cheap.... (to European eyes anyway).
They are an easy fit so I've ordered the Handguard and the bush which fits onto the end of the handleweight from a dealer in England.
AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: OEM Aprilia Shiver / Dorsoduro Handguard Kit -

The below is a schematic showing how the parts would fit together. As I've mentioned I've only ordered the Handguards and the bush no16 in the picture. These handguards will easily fit DCT models....:) I will mention that the handguard is a perfect fit for the NC, it's almost as if they were designed to fit our bikes from the outset - which is excellent..

3839-image-3529_zpsba0a17b0.jpg

Yes they're a very easy fit. They attach to the mirror and screw in at the end of the handlebar weight. They are 100% plastic so there is no crash damage protection if that's what you mean. These guards are purely for wind deflection ( and style..:)) .

Way to pricey for no crash protection.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Way to pricey for no crash protection.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Now this is where we differ in Europe because you get everything soo much cheaper in the USA than we do in Europe. In Europe $109 is very cheap for all the bits being sold in the kit by AF1 Racing.
I have only ordered the guards and the 2 small metal bushes that fit at the end of each guard. This is all I think I'll need.

This kit is obviously only for a bit of wind protection and style. This will suit me fine as I have no intention of getting heated grips for my bike.

I'll second that Wozza.these USA guys just don't know how lucky they are.
hence that is why I buy a lot of my stuffs from here it cost twice as much.
rear brackets I can get from USA @£0.97p ea here they cost me £2.36p.
getting from USA inc custom fees etc and still much cheaper than here.

Now this is where we differ in Europe because you get everything soo much cheaper in the USA than we do in Europe. In Europe $109 is very cheap for all the bits being sold in the kit by AF1 Racing.
I have only ordered the guards and the 2 small metal bushes that fit at the end of each guard. This is all I think I'll need.

This kit is obviously only for a bit of wind protection and style. This will suit me fine as I have no intention of getting heated grips for my bike.

Just what I been looking for Wozza, a not to bulky looking pair of handguards that look ok on a S model. I only want em for a bit of wind protection but also for keeping the flies and wasps of the vent grooves in my summer gloves......

Can you post a couple more pictures of these hand guards mounted on your bike? I think I might go with these, as I usually don't wear gloves and it hurts like hell when you take a bug to the knuckle.

Can you post a couple more pictures of these hand guards mounted on your bike? I think I might go with these, as I usually don't wear gloves and it hurts like hell when you take a bug to the knuckle.

Unfortunately I don't actually get my bike until the 1st of March and so I can't do any pictures ( close up or otherwise) until after the 1st. However, as soon as I can I will provide pictures when I've fitted them

I'll second that Wozza.these USA guys just don't know how lucky they are.
hence that is why I buy a lot of my stuffs from here it cost twice as much.
rear brackets I can get from USA @£0.97p ea here they cost me £2.36p.
getting from USA inc custom fees etc and still much cheaper than here.

there is an easy way around customs fees. in most countries packages from person to person aren't' subject to any taxes\custom fees. we have friends in russia,who orders a lot of expensive designer cloth each and every month. i'm talking about 5-10K $ a month. they didn't paid a dime on those packages. they are buying thru friends in US for exact same reason-everything cost way too much overseas. x2-x3 of what it cost in US. including stuff from Europe,such as italian shoes :)
i believe this is because of different taxation system. US is taking most of the taxes from income,while Europe is taxing on the goods you buy. in US-there is 6% sales tax(and most folks aren't paying any sale tax,when buying online,out of state) but in Russia it's like 20%,but they have low and flat income tax(while US have progressive taxation of income)

Back