• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A toy, a small manual mill and some refinishing....

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
....and this is what happens!

I had a Kimber Pro Carry II (9mm) just sitting around that shoots great and all but honestly, I was just bored with it. I have a small manual mill, as does a friend of mine, and I offered to let him "have at it" in terms of doing some work on the slide.

In the end he did a fantastic job on it! He did some carry cuts on the front (Browning Hi-Power style), a beveled edge down the length of the slide and he did a reduction on the top that you can't see in the photos. After that it went off to CCR Refinishing for some Cera-Plate II (CPII) finish which is super durable, self lubricating and has a cool hue to what would normally be just a silver nickel type finish.

Here it is when all is said and done (I had previously cerakoted the frame dark grey):
IMG_8819.jpg

And here it is when it was all stock:
kimber-pro-carry-ii-45-right.jpg

Very nice mill work. I love the Cerakote too. I had a couple of my favorites refinished in 2 tone Cerakote. Love them even more now. One looked so good it became a safe queen. The other was my IDPA gun, which the Cerakote helped a lot.

Very nice mill work. I love the Cerakote too. I had a couple of my favorites refinished in 2 tone Cerakote. Love them even more now. One looked so good it became a safe queen. The other was my IDPA gun, which the Cerakote helped a lot.

Yeah, this actually is my IDPA gun so that's funny you say that. I've had a lot of Cerakote done but I haven't done any Cera-Plate II (CPII) before, which is what I did the slide in. It's really cool stuff. You can tell it's self lubricating just by touching it, as it's smooth to the touch and relatively "slick." It feels like it's more durable or harder than even nickel or chrome as well, and really feels like a part of the firearm itself instead of a coating.

I wouldn't necessarily do an entire firearm in it, and to my knowledge it doesn't work as well on aluminum - but on a steel slide it is absolutely amazing.

So, you can tell that much diff between the Cerakote and the Cera-Plate, huh?

Wish I hadn't seen this, now I'll have less money for motorcycle stuffs, LOL.

Yeah, definitely a difference between the two. They both have their place - not saying one is better. The plate definitely feels lubricated tho.

I really like the High-Power bevels.

Does the IDPA still carry the ghost of Jeff Cooper with rules to benefit 1911's?

(I may be thinking of a different group)

I really like the High-Power bevels.

Does the IDPA still carry the ghost of Jeff Cooper with rules to benefit 1911's?

(I may be thinking of a different group)

Not sure entirely what you're asking to be honest. I'm a for-fun IDPA guy and don't take it too seriously. This is the gun I use for IDPA, but it's nothing out of the ordinary out there.

Back