• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A view from a more 'mature' rider.

Rev Ken

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've been riding (legally) for a few years now - well 58 to be exact, and at present ride a Honda CBF1000. Being quite short, it suits me fine, but when I get old....:rolleyes: I thought the NC700 might be a good bike for me. I've tried the 'X', and enjoyed it very much - its got good pulling power from low revs (which is just as well as it doesn't rev very high), and has 'adequate' performance which makes it reasonably flexible, and still has the fun element, being easy to throw around bends - at least compared with some bigger bikes.

The down side for me is that the 'X' is a little too tall for me, and after a few miles my neck started to ache - but then no doubt most of you will have younger necks...:mad:

I am waiting to try the 'S' which I understand has a little lower seat height.

Hi Rev Ken, how fitting that yr first reply should be from a (now ex) fellow Biffer owner! FYI, the NCX screen works much better on the higher of its 2 settings - less blast than on low (still enough to clear the wind/muck off yr visor) and no buffeting. Mind you, I can only speak for speeds up to 65mph as still running in. In any event, in a different (superior) league compared with the CBF. Ideal for me would be X with S seat height, tho I must say I'm fine with the higher 830mm seat height. Altho I can't quite flat foot both sides, the superb balance / low c of g does inspire total confidence. For me, the bike is much easier to manoeuver than the Biff at any speed and I love it to pieces!!

Scrumpy Mike (late of the Borders)

Isn't the world small place! Thanks for the welcome - this forum will no doubt get many more members as people 'get' the NC700. If it keeps as friendly as it is at the moment, then I'll be sticking around - unless my Zimmer frame gives way.....:rolleyes:

There are also a few aftermarket outfits offering a lowering kit for around 80 euro. Simple change-out of the dog-bone lower links and raising the front forks in the clamps. You get roughly a 40mm lower seating height, but sacrifice with reduced rear suspension travel and ground clearance.

There are also a few aftermarket outfits offering a lowering kit for around 80 euro. Simple change-out of the dog-bone lower links and raising the front forks in the clamps. You get roughly a 40mm lower seating height, but sacrifice with reduced rear suspension travel and ground clearance.
thanks for that - but I'll try the 'S' before making any decision.

What am I saying - I've got a great bike now, It is a long time before I will need a lighter bike....honestly....well in hope, (I've always been an optimist).

Back