• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

About to arrive at the moto show in Dallas.

No factory Honda but two local dealers.
Sad Victory booth.
Very cool Kawasaki area. The versus 300 would be a great starter.

Last edited:
Polaris announced on Tuesday they are discontinuing the Victory brand, so no wonder the Victory booth was sad. I stopped by a local motorcycle dealership to look at their remaining Victories-only a few left. The salesman I know stated they sold 5-6 on Wednesday, only had 2 CrossCountry's left and would not be getting anymore. Polaris has already shut down the Victory line. Going to put resources in their Indian line and the Slingshot line

I just saw this and it hurt my feelings. I've been looking more lately at American alternatives to foreign products. For example, I looked at Fords and Chevrolets to potentially replace my Toyota in a few years. I've been thinking about picking up an American made motorcycle to put in the stable. Of course it would take a few years before I can budget enough out to buy one, but there's no harm in seeing what's out there. Yesterday, I went to the Harley dealer for a quick look around. I probably sat on 80% of the HD's on the floor and couldn't get comfortable on any of them. I didn't like the floorboards. I've heard they're great for interstate travel, but I don't like that you have to pick your foot all the way up to hit the brakes or change gears. On a few models, my feet were too far forward. On others, I didn't feel like I could see over the fairing well enough.

That lead me to looking up Victory's where I found this letter from Polaris saying they're shutting down Victory. I've always liked the Vision, and it would have been a tough decision between that and the Goldwing. Now, it looks like I will be out of luck before I'm even in the market. I know that there will still be used Victories all over the place, but I hate to see them go out. Now I guess we're back to Harleys and Indians and the prices keep going up. Victory, to me, was the economy Indian.

Oh there I go, whining about it. Maybe I can find a steal of a deal on a new, never sold Victory in a couple of years.

You might look up the percentage of the Harley Davidson motorcycle that is actually US made. I'm not sure of the number but I seriously doubt it is 100%. OTOH, my Goldwing was surely not 100% US made, but it was assembled in Ohio (however they are now built in Japan).

My Ford car was built in Mexico. That's on an American continent, so it would be American made.

Last edited:
1YOzGQJ.jpg

Just a short trip to Chihuahua, Mexico to watch your American auto being made. They do have nice new auto plants for all the American manufactures there. Heck, they even have Wal-mart.

Yep, my wife's 2006 Ford Fusion, on the inside door frame, 'parts made in Canada, assembled in Mexico'.
If I remember correctly (and getting older, may not be true), back in the 70's, 80's, when Honda assembled the Gold Wing in Ohio, they had an AD campaign "Made in America". Of course HD sued them over the campaign due to the fact the majority of the parts were made overseas and the bike was 'assembled' in the US. The judge agreed and Honda had to stop the Made in America campaign. Unfortunately for HD, the judge ruled HD couldn't use the 'Made in America' moniker either, the majority of their parts are made overseas also and 'assembled' in the US-oops.

Yes, my Toyota Camry was made or assembled in America, my old Chevy truck was not.
The AFL CIO can always tell you.

Back