• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help ABS stopped working

Marek.Filip

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

After changing the tires ABS stopped working and amber light appeared on dashboard. Probably the sensor or rotor was damaged. Is it possible to find out what has been damaged? I mean home ways.
Before I buy a part, I would prefer to make sure what I have to buy.
I have honda Nc 700s 2013
Thank you in advance.
Regards
M

If the theory is that a sensor was damaged in the course of removing and reinstalling a wheel, can you visually inspect the front and rear ABS sensors and rings for damage? I don’t mean to sound silly, but you didn’t mention that.

If the theory is that a sensor was damaged in the course of removing and reinstalling a wheel, can you visually inspect the front and rear ABS sensors and rings for damage? I don’t mean to sound silly, but you didn’t mention that.
Thanks for your advice.
I checked the sensors and rotors, even cleaned them and did not notice any damage. How sensitive is the ABS system? Was it enough to bang the rim on the sensor during the tire change, to stop ABS from working ? Before changing tires I had a slight accident but after it abs worked for a few months until the tires were changed. Maybe it has to do with this accident...
Regards
M

I guess you don't have a service manual. Usually, we advise to obtain one that suits your model.
There is still a non-US 2011 NC700 Service Manual in circulation that will surely cover your 2013 model.
Section 20 of this service manual contains most of the information required to maintain and repair the ABS system.
The first thing is to check if there is Problem Code - ABS indicator blinking.
Here are some examples:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Thank you a lot.
This is great answer.
Yes, I bought bike without manuals but I would never assume that info abaut ABS will be included in manuals - I though this info is only allowed to the servicece / dealer.
Thanks again.
Regards
M

Back