• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Action Camera Comparison

These camera are so close on price, that all the available Go-Pro attachments seems to be the thing that gives it the edge. A remote on/off is a must on a motorcycle! Which ever one you buy, camera on a stick is a lot of fun.

I don't know about the other brands but another thing I like about the GoPro is the Android app that allows you to operate the camera while riding. I only use it to start and stop recording but it is very handy to quickly hit a button on my phone.

i ended up with this one
Amazon.com: Midland XTC-280 HD Action Camera (5.2MP, CMOS Sensor): Camera & Photo

for $100 at Radioshack on Black friday
i bought lower model,played with it for a while then returned to the store, it's not perfect,but for it's price imo pretty decent. i also able to fit it on mirror arm and it didn't hit anything(long windshield),while you completely turn the handle bar(imo-very important,if you planning to mount it in this particular place). on\off button within your reach and also very handy-there is two types on that switch-you can firmly click it,so it won't move no matter what,or just gently slide forward to turn on the camera.
already made short vid yesterday(not on NC :) )
full HD was pretty good for this type of weather

Newtown,PA 12/10/13 - YouTube

Nice video. You seem to get around in that wet snow well. What tires do you use ? My Tacoma is ready for new tires but don't want to invest in something too narley. Our winter snowfall is not as severe as yours. But what you were driving in, making the video, looks very similar.

the video is x1.75 of an actual speed. :) things aren't' that fast in reality. i' have to drive one of my relatives to work on old altima equipped with regular, more than half way worn chineese kumho tires. you have to be feather light on both gas and brakes in such weather

I have the ion air pro 2 works really well!!!

mounted on handle bar? from my experience every camera i've tried that was mounted on handle bar or mirror handle didn't worked. too much vibration

When using my camera on my bike, Brutus, the camera is mounted on my helmet brim, and the remote Wi-Fi on-off button is mounted on my handlebar. Works great this way.

biggrin.gif

Last edited:
My Roam2 is on my front brake reservoir. A bit more vibration than when on helmet but still allows me to capture stills from video which is what I normally do with the camera

My Roam2 is on my front brake reservoir. A bit more vibration than when on helmet but still allows me to capture stills from video which is what I normally do with the camera

yeah, i was thinking about it. can you post a pic of how you mount it on brake tank?

Thank you!

408430d35ac6.jpg

i do like the location. easy to reach to turn on and off. and you can always attach security cable\wire to turn light

Last edited:
My Hero3 is on the left side of my handlebars, with a RAM U-bolt mount. I just use the camera's switches for on/off, since they're right there. Nice steady movies from there, too. I run a USB adapter cable from an add-on handlebar socket to the camera. Together with the 64 GB card in the camera, I'm good for 7 - 10 hours of continuous movie, depending on the camera resolution selected. I turn it off for fuel stops (both the bike's and mine...). If I'm going to be gone from the bike, I throw the camera in the frunk.

Sorry these pics are rushed as am very busy today. Looks a lot better than the pics show and remember the pics were taken from close distance which makes the set up look bigger than it is. Not the easiest way to mount it but allows quick release and am able to angle the camera any way i want and face any way too. It does not look pretty but works very well and as all is black looks fine on the bike in daylight

First I attached a drift flat mount.

i-Qhg99cQ-M.jpg

The Drift clip is attached to an aluminium Go Pro tripod mount I got on ebay, and to this I have a go pro adapter which allows you to attach any thing with a tripod mount

i-xmdkfgZ-M.jpg

i-xwcLkbV-M.jpg

i-fqZdF96-M.jpg

With my camera being 2.3 x 1.56 x .81 inches I have not found a place it will not mount. I like the on top of the helmet mount because I can turn my head quickly to get shots I would have lost. They have a new 360 degree helmet mount, but the price has to come down a bit.

biggrin.gif

Last edited:
I was looking for a inexpensive video camera and bought the Polaroid XS100. For $100 it looked like it was worth a try. I have not used it on the bike yet. I have tested it around the house for video and stills. Down load on computer and play back on my 1080p tv which is done through the provided HDMI cable. I did mount it on the right side of my Helmet. One other thing I liked is I can rotate the camera rearward which turns the camera upside down. But it will take the pictures right side up. You do have to turn the camera off and back on for that function to work.

It is simple to use which is good for someone like me. Has anyone else tried one.

Back