• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Added to the stable today

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up this Hima today. Only did a few miles getting her home, but what a difference from the NC. The Hima feels so small and light.

Will start the lengthy break in tomorrow.

2019091119045888--7500409627155570298-IMG_0599-XL.jpg

FANTASTIC Dale! What a schweeet lookin' bike, even better at your place then the pictures on line haha! (is that Mrs Dale hiding behind the bike)? I have high expectations for you my friend, i truly believe you are going to so thoroughly enjoy it!

Waiting for the Farkling to begin and the rides you take with it before the snow flies at your place! :{P

Last edited:
yes, that's Ms. Dale or as we say on the old Nighthawk thread, SOQS.(She Of Queenly Stature)

Soqs got two rooms of carpet and I got a motorbike. Makes saving up for a new bike much tougher.

Plan to start the break in tomorrow. Supposed to do 310 miles under 37mph and 1200 miles under 45mph. My neighbors are gonna get tired of seeing me ride around the block.

I have the givi racks, adjustable levers, soft bags, loud horn, relay for horn, power distribution box, wiring for mounting the garmin, Renthal CR high bend bars, off road mirrors, front mount bags, cigarette lighter and usb outlets ready to go. Also have some misc. bags laying around and a tool roll I will make up for the Himalayan.

I have surgery Monday with a sedated procedure Friday, so the last day I'll be able to ride for the next two weeks is tomorrow. I'll farkle after that. No adventures planned till spring. Hopefully, this surgery will eliminate the chances of passing out due to a galloping heart. Takes about 3 months for all healing to occur. I'll post farkle photos as they occur.

Understood. Hey, awhile back you sent me a link to a picture of your old NightHawk and it had some type of old military aluminum camp/kitchen boxes on it that you used for panniers? Is that correct, and what were they? Thanks Dale! :{)

Last edited:
yes, that's Ms. Dale or as we say on the old Nighthawk thread, SOQS.(She Of Queenly Stature)

Soqs got two rooms of carpet and I got a motorbike. Makes saving up for a new bike much tougher.

Plan to start the break in tomorrow. Supposed to do 310 miles under 37mph and 1200 miles under 45mph. My neighbors are gonna get tired of seeing me ride around the block.

I have the givi racks, adjustable levers, soft bags, loud horn, relay for horn, power distribution box, wiring for mounting the garmin, Renthal CR high bend bars, off road mirrors, front mount bags, cigarette lighter and usb outlets ready to go. Also have some misc. bags laying around and a tool roll I will make up for the Himalayan.

I have surgery Monday with a sedated procedure Friday, so the last day I'll be able to ride for the next two weeks is tomorrow. I'll farkle after that. No adventures planned till spring. Hopefully, this surgery will eliminate the chances of passing out due to a galloping heart. Takes about 3 months for all healing to occur. I'll post farkle photos as they occur.

That break-in period will tax your patience for sure but it sounds like it will correspond to you easing back into riding so that might make it a little easier to tolerate :rolleyes: It’s all about the RPM’s... after break-in that big single will be so smooth you’ll think it sprouted another cylinder down there and shifting will be flawless as ya wind it up where it oughta be. :cool:

Hope your operation goes well!

Very nice! Looks like a sweet motorcycle. I love smaller displacements bikes (the ones like the motopress poo-poos). Take it to the Blue Ridge area and let’s ride gravel! I hope to go down there in a few weeks.

PS, I just noticed that thing has two front fenders. I’ve never seen that before. Looks more effective than the NC’s 3/4 fender.

Last edited:
Very nice! Looks like a sweet motorcycle. I love smaller displacements bikes (the ones like the motopress poo-poos). Take it to the Blue Ridge area and let’s ride gravel! I hope to go down there in a few weeks.

PS, I just noticed that thing has two front fenders. I’ve never seen that before. Looks more effective than the NC’s 3/4 fender.

Doesn't the XT250 have a similar arrangement?

One of the common mods on the Hima is to slightly raise the lower fender.

Himalayan.....

DrDubb,

This is a young lady who picked up a Himalayan and then rode it 30000km with few if any problems.

YouTube

Good luck,

SL0_Rider

Doesn't the XT250 have a similar arrangement?

One of the common mods on the Hima is to slightly raise the lower fender.

I can see wanting to raise the lower fender so it doesn’t pack up with mud and jam the front wheel. Been there.

The Himalayan is one of those bikes that is both a character/nostalgia bike AND a capable modern bike. Well, modern-ish. How can anyone resist it? Its just one of the way cool bikes that I think everyone wants.

Enjoy!

CycleTrader has them for $4500-$5000 depending on national location. One Ad showed it was an EFI bike, where i thought they all were still carb'd.... Interesting! FI would be really nice!! :{)

I took a givi rack from a vstrom and cut and welded to fit the Nighthawk. The cans are Mermite cans, military surplus. They are used to transport hot food. They are aluminum and quite light. Rigging the lid is the hardest part.

This is the first post of about 7 or 8 on the construction

The Adventures of an Old Fat White Guy: Homemade Panniers Part 1

Its 4 A. M. I have to be at the hospital at 5 to be prepped for my heart ablation. I'm not a morning person. The worst part is not being able to have anything to eat or drink. Stomach is growling.

I took a givi rack from a vstrom and cut and welded to fit the Nighthawk. The cans are Mermite cans, military surplus. They are used to transport hot food. They are aluminum and quite light. Rigging the lid is the hardest part.

This is the first post of about 7 or 8 on the construction

The Adventures of an Old Fat White Guy: Homemade Panniers Part 1

Its 4 A. M. I have to be at the hospital at 5 to be prepped for my heart ablation. I'm not a morning person. The worst part is not being able to have anything to eat or drink. Stomach is growling.

I hope everything went well. Please, let us know...

I hope everything went well. Please, let us know...

Doing fine, Just got home from the hospital. Need to take it real easy for a couple of days and then fairly easy for a couple of weeks. Really won't know if the procedure worked until I find out it doesn't. Suppose to take three months for the healing to be complete.

I hope to ride in about a month, maybe sooner.

Back