• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adding Pictures to a Post

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm starting this thread due to a couple comments elsewhere. It is easy on this forum to insert a photo into your message. It used to be easier in my case. About a month or two ago I was no longer able to use the picture uploading function that would let you add multiple photos at one time. I'm refering to the "Select Files" button. I've tried it with Explorer, Chrome, and Mozilla. I can't get any otf them to work.

I now have to go to the "Basic Uploader" and upload photos one at a time. I thought it may be my work computer causing the problems since we have several security features in place. Unfortunaetly I have the same problem at home and it does not matter which browser I use.

These are the step I have to take now. Place the flashing cusor where you want the photo to be located and Click the "Insert Image" button.

Picture1.jpg

The next step would be to click the "Select Files" button. I my case it will not work on the three different computers I've tried. I have to move over to the "Basic Uploader" link.

Picture 2.JPG

A pop-up box will appear and you need to selct the browse button.

Picture 3.JPG

A new pop-up will appear where you can navigate to the specific location of your photos. Choose a photo and select the "Open" button.

Picture 4.jpg

This will bring you back to your original "insert image" pop-up box. Select Upload.

Picture 5.jpg

After the photo is uploaded you will see something like the area I have enclosed in the red box. You can copy and paste that statement anywhere in your text if you choose.

Picture 6.jpg

If your wanting to post photos directly from a website you need the URL for the photo. If posting from Photobucket use the supplied embedded link (not all of it). Photos in Google +. Get into your albumn. Click on photo you want to view. Once photo is displayed you need to right click on photo and select open in a new window. The new window will contain the exact URL of the photo in the address box. If using Pisca you may want to download picture to desktop and then attach.

Picture 7.JPG

Last edited:
Moved to Site Announcements and made sticky. I thought the thread would be less likely to be lost.

Thanks Sarge!

Last edited:
Great - "How To"

and I have to do it the same way thru the "Basic Uploader" .....

Another "Basic Uploader" here. I used to use the Select Files, but it seemed to drag on, or fubar sometimes, so I have defaulted to the basic always now, and am happy. :)

I always use my photo-bucket account, I drag my pictures to photo-bucket, open the picture within photo bucket, click the 'img' link (which automatically copies the img line) then go to my forum posts and paste into my forum message.
Took me about 20 secs to add the below picture;

That is one reason I like taptalk,pics are simple and no need to do all that.thanks for the post sarge,should help alot of members.

How about info regarding photo- file sizes? Will the upload process automatically resize photos or do I need to edit their size first? I have been having trouble posting photos but admit that the photos I was trying to upload are 3mb+ . I am also a new member. Is that an issue?
>Thom

I use basic uploader and upload photos directly to the forum. File size is usually a tad under 1 MB. The forum accepts them and resizes them. I don't know about 3 MB but it wouldn't surprise me that it may be over the limit.

I always downsize photos before uploading to forum

I use basic uploader and upload photos directly to the forum. File size is usually a tad under 1 MB. The forum accepts them and resizes them. I don't know about 3 MB but it wouldn't surprise me that it may be over the limit.
When you downsize photos before downloading, the down loading goes much faster. And the viewer can always enlarge the photo while viewing if necessary. Plus it takes up less space on the Forum.

How about info regarding photo- file sizes? Will the upload process automatically resize photos or do I need to edit their size first? I have been having trouble posting photos but admit that the photos I was trying to upload are 3mb+ . I am also a new member. Is that an issue?
>Thom

I have my Galaxy S5 at defualt setting and most of my pictures are less than 1.5MB. I'm not saying yours are not 3MB but if they are you must have you phone set at something above the default settings. You may be using a real camera though so that could change things.

There are some on this site that I know use a camera and take some awesome pictures. I would be willing to bet they might be over 3MB. I've never heard anyone say anything about not being able to post them.

This is a 4.14MB picture I took of OldJeff and my bike outside a place we ate lunch. It loaded fine.

20130917_111817.jpg

The pics I was trying to upload were from my Canon camera on a fairly high quality setting. I will make some adjustments and try again.
Thanks.
>T

I have been trying for two hours (with a phone, an ipad, and a desktop pc) to upload some photos for a how-to. The pics are jpg and I have done this before using both file uploader and the basic uploader. Now, using either method, I receive a message that says it is "not a valid image file".

Ideas?

Last edited:
Same problem here. I tried to post small .jpg files with no luck. I'll send a link to this thread to the admin and see if he can look into it.

Back