• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventure tire for 2019 nc750x - limited options

Hi mudtrack, I have a 2023 NC750X and I'm really wanting the TKC 70 rocks tires, what size did you end up getting for the front and rear? The stock size front is 120/70 r17, and the only front TKC 70 rocks tire is 130/80 r17. Does that size work? the stock rear is 160/60 r17, and you can get tkc rocks tires in 150/70 and 170/60, will either one work? sorry I'm dumb about tires, just wondering what you ended up with, thanks!

The Continental TKC70 Rocks is meant for the rear only, as per the manufacturer.
The Rear is the TKC70 Rocks in the size of 150/70-17.
We have TKC80 on the front in the stock size of 120/70-17. (Some people choose TKC70 regular in front.)
We sometimes encounter mud on some vacation property we own, so we opted for the slightly more knobby front.
You may notice a logo in front of the normal Honda Motorcycles Logo on the NC750X.
The other one with the yellow and blue sunburst pattern identifies us as naturists.
We take off our clothes after we get to our beach property.
That is how we chill.
TKC_tires-800.jpg

Last edited:
Mudrack,
Just got to this thread. I'm jazzed that your wife pulled through the bout with the big "C" word. Then, to come to tangle with some pavement or gravel or whatever and come through with minor injuries. What a tough lady! We're heading into our 38th year together, yahoooooo! My wife's not a rider on her own but, still hops (well, almost hops, more like a very calculated maneuver) on the back of our '18 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour Airbag when the occasion is right. I'm glad she's still up for it as often as she does.

Now, as for tires. We recently (April 30th of this year) purchased an ALL BLACK 2020 NC750X DCT with 2,100 miles on it. Like your wife, I want COLOR in my motorcycles, NOT BLACK. So, after about 2 weeks of ownership, I took it upon myself to tear the bike down as far as needed so I could prep and paint all the black parts. I ended up painting it Hydro Blue Pearl that is the same color as our '15 Jeep Rubicon.

While the bike was torn down for paint, I also broke down both front and rear tires and wheels. I hate black wheels so, I had them powder coated silver with a clear coat. Now although it only had 2,300 miles on it, I did not like the factory street tires on it. So, I looked around for something even a bit more aggressive. I ended up with the Shinko 705 series. I could not find very easily a 160 series aggressive tire for the rear but, I did find the 705 Shinko in a 170 series. I did a tire size comparison and the 705 is very, very slightly larger than the 160 so, I purchased a 170 for the rear and the standard 120 for the front.

Without a doubt, the bike looks sooooooooo much better with them on there than before. And not only that but, the silver wheels and now blue paint really personallized it for me. I was going to suggest that if your situation with your wife wanting a bike today that was not available in a color she wanted, it was actually very easy to dismantle mine, prep the parts and shoot them. But, that's in the past. Anyway, here's my Shinkos for you and or anyone else that may be interested in a bit more aggressive set of tires for the infamous NC's.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5716.JPG
    IMG_5716.JPG
    771.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5718.JPG
    IMG_5718.JPG
    927.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6955.JPG
    IMG_6955.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5736.JPG
    IMG_5736.JPG
    962.8 KB · Views: 7
Mudrack,
Just got to this thread. I'm jazzed that your wife pulled through the bout with the big "C" word. Then, to come to tangle with some pavement or gravel or whatever and come through with minor injuries. What a tough lady! We're heading into our 38th year together, yahoooooo! My wife's not a rider on her own but, still hops (well, almost hops, more like a very calculated maneuver) on the back of our '18 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour Airbag when the occasion is right. I'm glad she's still up for it as often as she does.

Now, as for tires. We recently (April 30th of this year) purchased an ALL BLACK 2020 NC750X DCT with 2,100 miles on it. Like your wife, I want COLOR in my motorcycles, NOT BLACK. So, after about 2 weeks of ownership, I took it upon myself to tear the bike down as far as needed so I could prep and paint all the black parts. I ended up painting it Hydro Blue Pearl that is the same color as our '15 Jeep Rubicon.

While the bike was torn down for paint, I also broke down both front and rear tires and wheels. I hate black wheels so, I had them powder coated silver with a clear coat. Now although it only had 2,300 miles on it, I did not like the factory street tires on it. So, I looked around for something even a bit more aggressive. I ended up with the Shinko 705 series. I could not find very easily a 160 series aggressive tire for the rear but, I did find the 705 Shinko in a 170 series. I did a tire size comparison and the 705 is very, very slightly larger than the 160 so, I purchased a 170 for the rear and the standard 120 for the front.

Without a doubt, the bike looks sooooooooo much better with them on there than before. And not only that but, the silver wheels and now blue paint really personallized it for me. I was going to suggest that if your situation with your wife wanting a bike today that was not available in a color she wanted, it was actually very easy to dismantle mine, prep the parts and shoot them. But, that's in the past. Anyway, here's my Shinkos for you and or anyone else that may be interested in a bit more aggressive set of tires for the infamous NC's.
Scott
Wow, that looks really good.

Mudrack,

Scott
So, my wife came up with an idea for a ride in 2024. She is teaching summer classes at a college this year so we have to wait. She proposes that we load our bikes on our Kendon motorcycle trailer and tow them to Prince Rupert behind our car. There we would park the car and motorcycle trailer and ride our bikes up the Cassiar Highway in British Columbia to the Alaska Highway, turn off and head to Skagway AK to take the ferry back to Prince Rupert. Initial planning stages, but this one is her idea and seems both adventurous and easily plausible.
For now in 2023, it will be rides from Tacoma to our beach property on the Washington State Coast for our mini-adventures!

So, my wife came up with an idea for a ride in 2024. She is teaching summer classes at a college this year so we have to wait. She proposes that we load our bikes on our Kendon motorcycle trailer and tow them to Prince Rupert behind our car. There we would park the car and motorcycle trailer and ride our bikes up the Cassiar Highway in British Columbia to the Alaska Highway, turn off and head to Skagway AK to take the ferry back to Prince Rupert. Initial planning stages, but this one is her idea and seems both adventurous and easily plausible.
For now in 2023, it will be rides from Tacoma to our beach property on the Washington State Coast for our mini-adventures!
Now that sounds like a really fun trip. I hope you both pull it off.

I hope my memory is intact, but I believe an alternative is to continue past Whitehorse to Haines Junction, then south to Haines. That Haines Hwy is very pretty, in my opinion prettier than the road to Skagway. You can miss the cruise ship crowds that are visiting Skagway. You can get the Alaska Marine Hwy ferry at Haines, but I don’t know the schedules or stop frequency.

Back