• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - Best little cotton pickin ride in Texas!

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
9.jpgWell (deep subject content here!), the hand doctor said he did not see any harm in a little cotton pickin ride. My wife said I need to be cleared by a doctor, and he is a doctor(just not the shoulder doctor).

So, off Nana Chou and I went on a little cotton pickin ride, we did go. Two counties over this nice sheriff was good enough to stop us just to talk. He must have know Nana Chou from some wheres, because he said "not you again". Don't believe I had ever had the privilege of meeting this nice fellow before. Well, anyway we got to meet another nice new friend. Heck, he liked us so much that he asked for our autograph.

Cotton Picken 001.jpg

So, on we went on our little cotton pickin ride. Once we got there, it looked just like it had snowed.

Texas Cotton Country:

Cotton Picken 002.jpg
Cotton Picken 003.jpg

For you folks who have never picked cotton, next it goes to the cotton gin.

Cotton Picken 004.jpg

From the cotton gin the cotton gets compressed.

Cotton Picken 005.jpg

From here the cotton is shipped all over the entire world.

Now going home, it rained, it rained, and it rained. I had my rain gear with me, but it has been so long sense I have gotten to ride in the rain, so I just kept on riding. It was great, the rain came down so hard it felt like buck shot hitting my skin. Riding in the rain, the eye of god was on me and taking good care. What a great day!

And to end "The Best Little Cotton Pickin' Ride in Texas"

Cotton Picken 006.jpg

It all gets better at the end of the rainbow!

smileytexan.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, but city folks shouldn't describe farming. Those round and rectangular "compressed" cotton bales were compressed that way in the cotton field for transportation to town. ;)
7926d1378603237-adventures-nana-chou-best-little-cotton-pickin-ride-texas-cotton-picken-005.jpg

And of course this is how ocr washes his bike, (riding in the rain) so you got your bike washed as well.... very nice. Maybe that cop has heard about your adventures in Alaska and that is why he asked for your autograph. :sly:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It is quite common every where, if you speed every where you go! My Alaska accident on July 3th was caused by one thing and one thing only, my speeding. Do not blame the police, it is their job to keep fools like me from speeding. Heck, the police around here are like family, I know them all on a first name bases.

I did have one officer falsely accused me a few months ago. He told me I was doing 85 mph. I got that young man straighten out quick. I told him we had to get his radar machine fixed fast, as I was doing an honest 130 mph on the busa.

This is a Goldwing Utopia backrest I had to bend myself to make it fit the NC700.

Utopia website: GL1800

Call Utopia, they will make you one for the NC700, but I don't know the price.

I'd like to aks this question concerning the drivers backrest. I'm used to mounting sportbikes by just swinging my leg high and around. The NC is a bit taller bike then add panniers and a trunk and you have a few obstructions in the way. I've had to learn and new dismounting and mounting method.

How difficult is it to mount the bike with that backrest? I would not mind having some back support and that backrest looks real good on your bike.

Back