• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Advise on how to mount BLAZE saddle panniers on NC7xx...

I have those bags and never thought about removing those rubber bumpers. Since I don't usually have a passenger on the bike, I'm not to concerned about weight on the rear seat. Anyone see any problems with the removal?

Nice! Thanks! I have these bags on order from Twisted Throttle. I will have to do this. It doesnt stress the hinges or anything, does it?
I dont think it would be at problem. Yes you have to add a little more pressure when closing the seat, but it still feels ok.
Just attach the velco so it is loose, because it gets tight when the seat is closed (hope you know what i mean).

Also it is impossible to steal this way ;-)

When running with passengers just fit the rubber plugs again, it's easy.

Nice tip! I'm on the fence in regards to which saddlebags to go with, but I really like the way the Blaze saddlebags look on the NC!

By the way what seat is on your bike? Looks much more comfortable than the stock saddle.

bw

Nevermind, I can see the Shad tag in the photo...needed to put on my glasses!

Yes it is the Shad comfort seat. I makes a huge difference. I totally recommend it. Best upgrade ever. The orginal seat is really a pain after just one hour. With the Shad I can drive all day.

That looks awesome! I have a set of Blaze bags and would like to have them mounted so I can refuel without un-strapping them. My bike is in a shed buried in a snowbank right now so I can't look myself but...how do you remove the plugs?

So, are you guys happy with these bags? I'm thinking about getting them. Looks good on the bike and doesn't cost as much as "real" bags. Have you had any problems with water leaking in? That is my main concern about them. Thanks!

Also going to ask about the Shad seat.

Does anyone know if there is different comfort on

This:
http://www.nc700shop.com/en/comfort/207-shad-comfort-seat-nc700-750x.html

And this:
http://www.nc700shop.com/en/comfort/140-shad-comfort-seat-nc700x.html

Because i like the top one the most. I like that it has a more clean look without the NC700X text on it.

Last edited:
I finally got to use mine this weekend. They work great, and have a nice profile to them. As for water, they come with internal dry bags, so the gear will stay dry even if the zipper or textile leaks. We didnt have rain, so I dont know. I have a separate dry tail bag, so anything that MUST stay dry goes in it or my frunk. I was very happy with how these bags worked on my NC, and they are very quick on/off and the install of the bottom support system took minutes. I love the fact they bars come off when you are not going to use the luggage any time soon. Perfect for me.

Do you still have them under the pillion? Any problem opening the pillion? Does it wear on the panniers? Any problem with the hinges? I'm getting mine this week so i'm looking for advice :)

Last edited:
Back