• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Africa Twin Ride Video

Yep, looks good. I still say, lets see what price and how the fuel economy pans out. If those two add up I will get excited about one.

Wow, it looked and sounded pretty darned cool to me! :D Can't wait to see one of these in the flesh.

I wish it had been introduced back when I was younger. Minus only the DCT,I don't think there is anything on the bike that couldn't have been easily made by Honda 10, 15, or more years ago, which is a real shame. All those years of missed opportunities and sales.

based on that data, the bike is lighter then the NC700.

Where are you seeing that?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the way I see it, according to those figures posted, the AT curb weight (for the non ABS, non DCT) is 228 kg, or 502.65 lbs, and a non ABS, non DCT NC700X is 472 lbs curb weight.

I thought ABS was mandatory on all Euro bikes for 2016? Wouldn't that mean any non ABS specs would be pretty much strictly for US models?

I guess that's why this bike is to be released late in 2015 :)

nope, you're looking probably at dry weight.

- wet weight is 228 kg standard version
- wet with ABS 232 kg
- wet DCT 242 kg

so it's heavier, unfortunately :(

I still may buy crf250l to have something lighter in stable.

but also taller 33.5 inches! i might have to lower 2 inches to ride it !

I know... with my height, the NCX is at the absolute limit of what I am able to ride. I can't imagine riding anything taller AND heavier. I sat on a F800GS and I could barely stand up the bike, off its side stand.

This bike is looking pretty darn good. Maybe one day if the stars align and finances are there. Right now I don't think it will be better than NCX and a trail bike for what I do. Honestly, I haven't needed to go faster than what the NCX can do and I'm sure the extra power would gain me a few performance rewards. Hmm buy a Africa Twin or work on paying off my land and buy some more?
It does look like a very promising bike.

Last edited:
Same here, turbodieseli4i6. The NCX checks off every need for me (and more) that I can't see myself spending thousands more for a bigger and badder bike. I am, though, very excited to see Honda coming out with a bike that, potentially, is able to stand toe-to-toe with other heavy weights. Competition will always results in better products and better equipment across product lines.

This bike is looking pretty darn good. Maybe one day if the stars align and finances are there. Right now I don't think it will be better than NCX and a trail bike for what I do. Honestly, I haven't needed to go faster than what the NCX can do and I'm sure the extra power would gain me a few performance rewards.

but would you rob the bank on NCX? better to have more torque and power just in case ;)

It seems to have an oversquare motor so that aspect of engine design is not similar to the NC. However it also develops its HP and torque fairly low down in the rev range which is somewhat similar to an NC. I like the vertical twin design which allows them more scope to achieve ideal frame specs for purpose. A vee twin restricts that aspect somewhat. However it is the prospect of better suspension that attracts me most. Like many others on here the NC ticks almost all the boxes for me. However the suspension can be harsh in certain conditions and the cost of remedying that effectively is not economical.

It seems to have an oversquare motor so that aspect of engine design is not similar to the NC. However it also develops its HP and torque fairly low down in the rev range which is somewhat similar to an NC. I like the vertical twin design which allows them more scope to achieve ideal frame specs for purpose. A vee twin restricts that aspect somewhat. However it is the prospect of better suspension that attracts me most. Like many others on here the NC ticks almost all the boxes for me. However the suspension can be harsh in certain conditions and the cost of remedying that effectively is not economical.

yeah, the suspension is the key:

Front Suspension 45mm fork, 230mm stroke 4-pot radial calliper, fully adjustable
Rear Suspension 220mm stroke, hydraulic spring preload adjustor
2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin Official Specifications Released - TheRideAdvice.comTheRideAdvice.com

I love it!

Back