• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Aftermarket Windscreens

Havok

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. I am thinking about getting a taller windscreen to replace the factory one on my 2020 NC750X DCT.
My question is which windscreen offers the most head protection?
I am 6'1" and find that at 60mph and above the noise and wind on my helmet is deafening.
I have shopped a few and read reviews. The problem is it seems to get the height I think I need every review recommends the little top screen add on piece which I don't like the look of. Anyone know of one that is tall enough without any add on pieces?

MadStad sells their screens based on body height. We have them on our NCs in different heights as my wife and I are different heights.

The Madstad system uses a slot to provide smooth quiet airflow up and over the cockpit. It’s actually lower than many shields while being quieter and more efficient. It’s not good looking aesthetically however it proves the adage of function over form.

The Madstad system uses a slot to provide smooth quiet airflow up and over the cockpit. It’s actually lower than many shields while being quieter and more efficient. It’s not good looking aesthetically however it proves the adage of function over form.
I never did get the aesthetics thing anyway. To me the Madstad looks as good or better than many others. Maybe because I think functional well-designed stuff looks better than not-so-functional junk. Anyway, this reminds me of fashion: people think something looks good or bad, ten or twenty years later a lot of them are dissing the style they thought looked good and wearing the one they used to denigrate. Hey, look at those old high-school yearbooks and you'll probably see what I mean ; }

Ugly? Good looking? I’ll slay that beauty is always in the eye of the beer holder.

Functional, is what it is.

Wife’s screen is several inches shorter than mine. Only photo I could find showing both screens.

i

Does yours push alot of air? I mean is it a noticable drag on the bike?

Does yours push alot of air? I mean is it a noticable drag on the bike?
In conjunction with the winglets it knocked 5 or 6 mph off top speed. I posted a test here I did with these on and off on the same day, same place, within a few minutes of each pass. IIRC 99 and 105 mph respectively. Not enough for me to even consider not using a Madstad.

Drag increases less with velocity increases when airflow remains laminar (smooth and largely remaining attached to the front and back of the screen) so a smaller screen that simply blocks wind but creates more turbulence would likely create more drag at 100 mph, not less.

Last edited:
In conjunction with the winglets it knocked 5 or 6 mph off top speed. I posted a test here I did with these on and off on the same day, same place, within a few minutes of each pass. IIRC 99 and 105 mph respectively. Not enough for me to even consider not using a Madstad.

Drag increases less with velocity increases when airflow remains laminar (smooth and largely remaining attached to the front and back of the screen) so a smaller screen that simply blocks wind but creates more turbulence would likely create more drag at 100 mph, not less.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I will be running much faster than 85mph so top speed not a concern.
I had an 1980's 650cc Suzuki with a full aftermarket windscreen and it was a pig with it on lots of drag. When I took it off the drag was much less even with my head and torso catching the wind.

I'll throw in a pitch for my Parabellum windscreen. I am 6'6" and 225 respectively and i have had a Madstad and now have the large Parabellum. I really enjoy the Parabellum though i did not have any real complaints with the Madstad (i just didn't really like the looks of it at the time and wanted something different than the stock bikini screen it came with haha). I really like the tall/tinted Parabellum i have now and have enjoyed having it. This is my second year/season with it and i still really like it. Though i do have one complaint with it, it allows so much wind to come around me that it gets hot over 90f. Ya ya i know, it is an easy fix to switch back to the stock one for more air when needed, it's just too much of a hassle for me to make time to do it haha! i'd really rather just ride! :{)

Parabellum
82 Spring Rd. Dahlonega, GA 30533
706-864-8051
Better Gas Mileage Guaranteed
Try a Parabellum Windshield at our Risk for 30 Days

Dunno Bobert, you'd have to give them a shout and see. :{)
Oh I wasn't interested in one for me, I'm happy with the Madstad that I have.

I was just wondering because I didn't see it on the website when I followed your link. I saw 3 models for Honda, but admit that I was too lazy to go digging around their website to try to find one that fits the new body plastics.

I received the Madstad 16” shield yesterday, mounted it and took a ride this morning.
(BTW I’m vertically challenged 5’-6” and 150lb.)
Verdict, excellent. Better quiet air while riding at both residential and highway speeds.
I had it mounted at the lowest setting, I’ve now changed to the highest setting and will report back next week.
This weekend I’m attempting to install a Gidibi chain oiler and STS self cancelling turn indicator system.
Thanks Melensdad for the thread about the Nemo 2.
Cheers All

Back