• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Air Filter

Welcome to the Ride EC, and a hearty welcome from North Idaho! After watching the Vid i did my own and while i was in there i installed a new K+N air filter too! You might consider giving it a try, it only took me about 10 minutes and i consider myself only an average wrench. :{)

Last edited:
Interesting how different the plastic removal is on the '16 750x is compared to my '12. Looks they simplified it a bit.

This is a video of 2016. Hopefully it is similar to the 2017. The short version is that it lives in front of the frunk.

Air Cleaner Removal Honda NC750X 2016 - YouTube

MY16 and MY17 are identical aside from the paint color
edit: at least the 700X's are identical, I just noticed which section this post was tagged under :eek:
though from what I understand the 750 is just a bored-out 700 engine

Thanks Potter. Looks like a lot of hassle. I think I’ll let the dealer do it :)
It is a bit of a hassle, but it's not difficult. This is one of those time vs. money equations, which do you have more of?
That said, it's the maintenance item I look forward to the least, after draining the radiator.

Last edited:
It's easy to do, just take your time. :)

ps. I changed mine at 21k miles and it looked OK to go another few thousand miles but I had it apart so why not?

Last edited:
I finally got the nerve to do mine at 40,000 Km. It went pretty good ... I had to do everything twice as I forgot to plug the temperature sensor back in and had to take it all apart a second time. Air Filter Compare.jpg

Back