• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Akrapovič titanium exhaust

blackbird

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_0859.jpgIMG_0861.jpg

Just fitted an Akrapovič titanium slip-on to my NC700D Integra. This will fit the NC700S and NC700X as well. Besides the can, the box also came with a carbon fibre bracket, a new clamp, a longer bolt (and nut) and also a tube of anti-seize copper grease. With the baffle (dB killer) left in, it is no louder than stock although with a pleasantly deeper tone. Weight savings are about 1.7 kg (about 3.75 lbs). For those of you who have fitted a centre stand, the Akrapovič also has the extra bit of metal on the inner side of the link pipe to receive the rubber bump stop from stand.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.
I saw the same 4 weeks ago in Lugano.

Does it "increase" any performance or just the sound?
Did the manual promise something?
Lastly, how much did it cost you?
I may get it from Germany here.

How's the sound, really? Can you make a video with sound, and post it here?
Thanks.

The performance increase is negligible, although the manual claims a slight increase in bottom end torque. There's a power/torque graph on the Akrapovič website. I also had an Akrapovič exhaust on my Gilera Fuoco and that seemed to make the bike run slightly rich although the Integra seems fine (Canberra is 1,800 ft above sea level).

I've also spoken to my local Dynojet tuners. The ECU on the NC700 cannot be reprogrammed. Remapping has to be done by piggybacking a unit in between the ECU and the injectors.

I bought my exhaust through motostarz.com - they appear to be a small drop shipping company based just outside of Vancouver although international orders are shipped from the United States. It took about two weeks to receive my exhaust and it cost US$607 plus US$65 shipping. What's the price in Lugano?

There are some videos of this exhaust with and without the dB killers: Carlos CRESPO - YouTube
I might try to make one with better sound although I've got no video equipment at the moment.

I posted a reply last night but got a message saying it was awaiting moderator approval. Trying again without links:

I bought the exhaust from Motostarz, which seems to be a drop shipping company. I paid US$607 plus shipping. What is the price in Lugano?

Akrapovič promises some improvement in bottom end torque although the gains are minimal. I spoke to my local Dynojet tuner and he said that the ECU on the NC700 cannot be reprogrammed and that a remap can only be done with a piggyback unit fitted between the ECU and the fuel injectors.

I also had an Akrapovič on my Gilera Fuoco. That caused the Fuoco to run a little rich although I've had no such issue with the Integra. For reference, Canberra is at 1,800 feet above sea level.

That said, I bought this pipe mostly for looks. I didn't like all that chrome on the stock pipe. I was also considering a GPR Powercross.

There are already some video files online but I'll try to record one if I can.

Last edited:
Hello,
I would really like to know if one of you installed a Akra exhaust on his bike as I have an option to get one in a week by my seller.
Does it make sense? Sound will be better (not bad for cars to be heard) and performances? Akra web site gives nice charts but not a third part feedback found on the web? Could it be possible to affect negatively the bike?

Waiting from the team

Brgds

Unclegeo

Videos are up!

I've got videos now. Not the best quality, but I think I captured the sound right. Please note that the although the sounds levels of both clips are similar, removing the dB killer results in a significantly louder sound.

[video=youtube;7A8e5MQxuzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A8e5MQxuzU[/video]
This is with the baffle / dB killer.

[video=youtube;tO_m9LPcdXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_m9LPcdXU&[/video]
This is with the baffle removed.

Moderators? What moderators? I have uploaded youtubes before, with zero intervention from the admin. Are you uploading youtubes or some actual video files here?

I'm uploading Youtube links. Any message I try to post with links returns a pop up saying that it requires approval. In any case, the links are on the NC700 UK forum.

I'm uploading Youtube links. Any message I try to post with links returns a pop up saying that it requires approval. In any case, the links are on the NC700 UK forum.

No good for me, I am banned from that forum. Please don't cross post the URL here, coz I think it is not right. :p
As you requested in a PM to me, here are your youtubes.
PS: You disabled embedding...my dear friend, we cannot watch it here directly...

[video=youtube;7A8e5MQxuzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A8e5MQxuzU[/video]
[video=youtube;tO_m9LPcdXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_m9LPcdXU[/video]

Look at the max gain column on the first link

Sorry I am still not convinced.
Max gain....is not average gain.

I believe the other columns show average gains. I do NOT expect much more than 2% increase.
Let me know, if you install it and dyno it.
If you just "feel" it, buyers-syndrome will ascertain that there is a gain, but not prove it.
:p

Very cool blackbird! :cool: I'm definitely going to get one as well and will take even the slightest bump in performance and weight reduction since the NC could always use it.

Back