• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help AliExpress fog lights, wiring and installation question - before purchase.

NiceBlueNC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to try these fog lights, I will not be the one installing but a shop, before that I want a second opinion.
the fog lights are these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003884624389.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.53893c00Qz8ewz&mp=1

I'm not sure on the operation of there, they come with on/off switch, so how do I change the light colour? currently assuming it has something to do with wiring to low beam, high beam etc.
End result for me is that I want to run the yellow/amber all the time and to be able to switch as needed.
I asked the seller and got an answer in Chinese that roughly translates to - you have 3 wires to connect them to source.

I have a previous gen (2021) NC750X

Any input is appreciated, thanks

Lights look pretty nice. Can't help with your question though (sorry). Hopefully someone else can answer your question. I'll just follow along...

Power to the red wire gives you the white LEDs, power to the yellow wire gives you the yellow LEDs.

Not sure what kind of switch you'd need exactly but it would need to be OFF/ON/ON to run off/yellow/white or you could run two switches and be able to have both colors on at the same time controlled independently.

You could also relay your bike's low and high beams to control the yellow and white LEDs, but then they'd always be on unless you also added an inline switch to each of the LEDs.

I used a Skene controller when I mounted my aux lights. Allows wiring to the existing headlight switch, and let’s you set the brightness of the lamps when the headlight switch is hi and low. I didn’t want to have another switch on the bike. The installation on my 2015 700X DCT was easy.

Skene Controller

Power to the red wire gives you the white LEDs, power to the yellow wire gives you the yellow LEDs.

Not sure what kind of switch you'd need exactly but it would need to be OFF/ON/ON to run off/yellow/white or you could run two switches and be able to have both colors on at the same time controlled independently.

You could also relay your bike's low and high beams to control the yellow and white LEDs, but then they'd always be on unless you also added an inline switch to each of the LEDs.

Alright, 2 switches is.. shamefuly not something I thought about :)
thanks

I bought similar lights but didn’t use them as they are much smaller in person than they seem in the photos.

I bought similar lights but didn’t use them as they are much smaller in person than they seem in the photos.
oh boy I hope these will be ok... aliexpress always needs a bit luck.

I ended up adding a 2 in 1 on/off switch, it was simplest.

Back