• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Am I too tall

At 6'3" interested in 2016 nc700 dct abs. Haven't sat on one yet. Any tall riders have feedback?

Thanks
6'3" here on A 2012 nc700sa

Stock ergos are too small for me, especially the knee angle. I rode it like that for years, but long trips caused back, arse, and knee pain.

Cost me about $1000 AU to change seat and bars to suit me, now it's very comfy. I don't recommend lowering the footpegs on the S because they are already quite close to the ground and you'll scrape them in the canyons.

I don't think any aftermarket nc700s windscreens are big enough to keep you completely out of the wind either.

I am 6'3" and fit just fine with the stock set up. I tried risers, didn't like the feel. Still thinking on new pegs. I added a gel pad to the stock seat, no more tail bone pain. It's no Goldwing, but I commute on it daily and it does the job.

I am also 6'3" and fit OK with the stock set up. I have the road focused S version. I have lowered the foot pegs (using the Jaws Motorcycles VFR adapters from the UK) but I did find myself scraping them a lot, especially when I put good tyres on. Upping the preload on the rear shock to raise the ride height helped with this a bit..

6'3". Lowered the pegs by about 3/4". Actually pulled the bars toward myself just a tiny bit at the recommendation of an MSF instructor. More comfortable in turns and a bit more upright.

Love the bike for my height; I used to have a cruiser, this is a better bike for me.

"No you are not too tall" for an NC700 haha.

at 6'5"/220lb with 36" inseam i know what it's like to fit uncomfortably on/in many vehicles. I do however really like the ergo on my NC after i added a few things. I have the ROX 2" risers set up/back towards me and like them. I have the seat raised on the NC and that helped but not completely yet. I installed hwy pegs that i use often just to stretch out occasionally, like them a lot. I preferred the RDL seat on my old 12'. Now i have a 15' DCT and have tried several seats. Since losing my RDL to the new owner of my old bike i have wanted to pony up the coin and get another one. Man i miss that seat! I use a Parabellum tall windscreen and it is fantastic, on long tours i also install a wind deflector i purchased from FleaBay/amazon for $20 and adjust it to keep the buffeting off of the top of my helmet. Madstad makes a really nice adjustable one that many here like/use. That should get you started... enjoy the ride and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO!!! :{P

....my old 12'
CVQL1961.JPEG

At 6'3" interested in 2016 nc700 dct abs. Haven't sat on one yet. Any tall riders have feedback?

Thanks
I'm 6'2 about 340lbs 30" inseam, I did put risers on, and plan on changing the pegs, Knight Designs are my choice. Currently the pegs are positioned good for me, I just want something wider. My concern with aftermarket pegs are that I stand when riding just to stretch a bit, or rearrange "parts" and I worry that aftermarket pegs may not be happy about my mass, that would be BAD if one broke whilst I was standing.

Back