• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

America, Meet The 2022 Honda Monkey

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hide your bananas – Honda is officially adding the Monkey to America’s 2022 miniMoto category lineup.​

What better way to usher in a fresh 2022 than with a 125cc punchy petrol pipe?

The 2022 Honda Monkey will be sliding into US markets with a brand spanking new engine – the same as the Honda Grom.

The trick is that this bike will have a higher 10.0:1 compression ratio, allowing the power to swing through a juicy 9.7 hp and 7.7 pound-feet of torque.

A side view of the 2022 Honda Monkey in black

According to a report from MotorcycleCruiser, The engine will also feature a longer stroke and narrower bore – perfect for hooning around in the lower range of the power band.

Oh, and the pert little simian will also have an extra transmission gear; it can now count to five.

Who says monkeys can’t evolve?

a view of the front end of the Honda Monkey

Here’s a list of the Specs that we’ve got so far:

Engine: SOHC single-cylinder, air-cooled

Displacement: 125cc

HP: TBD

Torque: TBD

Transmission: 4-speed

Seat Height: 30.6”

Front Suspension: Non-adjustable 32mm inverted fork with 3.9” of travel

Rear Suspension: Twin Shock with 4.1” of travel

Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal.

Wet Weight: ~232 lb.

A side view of the 2022 Honda Monkey in Banana Yellow

The 2022 Honda Monkey comes in two colors – Pearl Black and Banana Yellow – and will be going for the nifty price of $4,199 USD.

Stay tuned for updates, and try not to have too much fun on these things (no guarantees).

The post America, Meet The 2022 Honda Monkey appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Hide your bananas – Honda is officially adding the Monkey to America’s 2022 miniMoto category lineup.​

————
Oh, and the pert little simian will also have an extra transmission gear; it can now count to five.
————
Here’s a list of the Specs that we’ve got so far:

Engine: SOHC single-cylinder, air-cooled

Displacement: 125cc

HP: TBD

Torque: TBD

Transmission: 4-speed
————

The article says the Monkey will have an extra transmission gear, and the simian can count to five, but the specs say it has a 4-speed transmission. Somebody can’t count.

pardon my ignorance, but what purpose does such a thing serve?
I’d probably buy a pair of these Monkeys or a pair of Groms to replace the two 49cc Ruckus scooters we have, in order to gain more top speed, but the seat height on either is a bit too high for my wife. We have a blast on the Rucki for recreational rides through the countryside, and would do the same with the Monkeys.

It think Honda has been successful selling these mini motorcycles. Not everyone understands the purpose of them, but apparently the people that buy them do.

they just seem kind of like mini bikes -- wasn't sure what the target market was. I'd feel like one of those circus bears riding a bike on one of those.

they just seem kind of like mini bikes -- wasn't sure what the target market was. I'd feel like one of those circus bears riding a bike on one of those.
Many people consider a small bike to be a lot of fun, sometimes more fun than large, powerful bikes. There is a market for small bikes, and Honda has done well in that area.

The dealership I used to work in sold more Groms (predecessor to the current Monkey) than any in our region and more than most dealers in the USA. Twenty-somethings bought the crap out of them. Not a week goes by that I don't see at least one around town in traffic. When the Grom spun off the Monkey model the buyers then became older boomers like myself that started riding in the 60s or 70s when Honda Z50 MiniTrail 50s and CT70 MiniTrail 70s were popular. It was crazy, we couldn't get enough Monkeys as the Grom rage cooled off.

It's ancient Honda history now but for me the original Monkey Bike from 1961 was part of the Japanese bike revolution in 1960s America. I grew up in a military town with lots of USAF personnel rotating in and out of Southeast Asia in 1965 - 1970 and men coming back from tours in Thailand and Viet Nam were bringing these little 50cc miniature motorcycles back home as personal goods. Domestic minibikes of the time were powered by lawn mower engines and were stone-age crude compared to these precision made little bitty motorbikes. There were 2 or 3 monkey bikes in my neighborhood and the rest of us in the rabble were consigned to pedaling our bicycles where ever we wanted to go but a monkey bike represented real freedom. In 1969 Honda introduced the Z50 MiniTrail which had bigger tires and wheels, lights, and folding handlebars. I started wheedling. My parents resisted a year but I got one Christmas 1970. It was my 'Red Ryder BB gun' and started my 50+ year ride on two wheels. My parents wouldn't let me have a Cub 50 motorcycle but the MiniTrail was just a cute little toy that fit in the trunk of a car. I might well have a modern 125cc Monkey but my small displacement Honda itch is soothed a 1986 Elite 80 scooter in the corner of my garage.

I had one like this 50 years ago except in red:

DSC01763.JPG

Original Monkey:

Original-1961-Monkey-bike-647x441.jpg

Last edited:
Back