• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

An Interesting NC750XD 1100-mile Review

Dellaster

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At least, I found it interesting. By the author of the old, frequently updated Adventure Motorcycling Handbook.

Honda NC750X DCT – 1100-mile review |

Manual or auto, an NC is a practical and exceedingly economical machine which carries it’s weight low while easily keeping up on fast highways. I’m pretty sure even in stock form it could cover the tracks on my Morocco tours, and with tyres to suit would have easily managed what I rode on the Himalayan in spring, but without the need to be truck to Malaga. And it would have used 15% less fuel too.

Last edited:
Interesting.

The same author also did a Quick Review of the bike previously.

I just read both of the stories and it appears that some of his complaints from the early Quick Review were proven to be no issue in the 1100 Review. Namely his concern about the suspension being inadequate.

He’s the practical sort. If you’re bottoming out, it means you’re not wasting suspension travel and also, slow down. Problem solved. He’s among the very few “experts” I’ve discovered who understands the distinction between riding recreationally—where the NC and other “adventure” bikes aren’t enough (of course not)—and what he calls “overlanding”, in which category the NC is quite nice and capable, along with similar bikes.

Agreed, he does seem to see that the bike is far more than a brilliant commuter bike, still capable of plenty of adventure, but nor is it an off-road, gravel eating, trail blazing beast. Rather he seems to indicate it is just a darn good all around bike capable of being a good light touring bike (what he calls overlanding) while also being a great city ride for practical commuting.

I like his approach to bike reviews and will be watching his page.

I'd not seen it before so his views are new to me, and far more practical than many reviews I see from some of the hard core professional rider-writers that seem to write/speak in 'absolutes' about bikes.

Indeed. I’m new to his site, too. I kinda wish I had found it before spending umpteen hours researching such things as F800GS vs F700GS for my intended use (travel bike or overlanding, in his terms) as he came to the same conclusion as I (F700GS, hands down). Then again, because I find myself in attunement with his view after all that, I now know that his other opinions are likely to be valuable to me.

Back