• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another great video from FortNine: "Is the Yamaha Ténéré 700 Really So Special?"

Ryan said he recently did a 700-some-mile highway ride on it too; it was comfortable and did fine... he made a remark about 73 horsepower being more than enough to be touring well above speed limits.

Ryan said he recently did a 700-some-mile highway ride on it too; it was comfortable and did fine... he made a remark about 73 horsepower being more than enough to be touring well above speed limits.
So far, 7-8 reviews from the reviewers I believe and trust - all of them said only positive things. Nothing bad. There must be something...

Our humble Honda has more than enough grunt to be touring well above the limits with 'only' 48-53hp...

The Ténéré looks far more.... adventurous... There's Something About Yammie

Our humble Honda has more than enough grunt to be touring well above the limits with 'only' 48-53hp...

Ryan's comparison likely being made against liter+ adventure bikes that have ridiculously more power than needed to carry lots of stuff at way above the speed limit, even on long grades with headwinds. I don't know about you but I've been pushed back to 60mph before in those circumstances on my NC, and had I been carrying more it would have been slower yet.

The T7 actually has cred in the dirt. More cred than a 450-pound machine should have actually ; }

Yes, my NC proved to me it could take me to the places, thousands of miles long journeys. If it has 19" front wheel and an inch or two higher ground clearance - it would be the PERFECT bike.
Last weekend rode with couple friends (2 BMW GS, 1 DR, 1 KTM) about 140 miles - 2/3 of it gravel roads. NC did it with "no complaining", I didn't feel any disadvantage, everything worked well. But would feel much better if I had those two.

I can do thousands of miles of long journeys on my WR250R. Faster, more assured and comfortable off the pavement, slower and less comfortable for long journeys on the pavement ; }

To me the frunk, long maintenance intervals, and fuel economy, are the main assets of the NC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between Ryan's and Bret Tkacs' videos on his recent bank-drainin' KTM 790 Adventure, it's time for me to get one of these instead:

tumblr_ndfasi72lP1tjphnco1_640.jpg

I like the discussion of the change in swingarm and countershaft placement for traction. Haven't seen the big motomags make mention of this.

Our bikes drive traction to the rear based on the near horizontal cylinder placement. Makes for great slow speed off road grip.

The 700 is going to surely hurt the big bore sales. It will be tough to find a clean used Tenere in the future with limited availability.

Back