• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Another instrument panel thread

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just bought a Nc750x cdt. Only noticed on my ride home that the backlight on the dash wasn’t working. I contacted the seller who said he had not noticed as he never set up any thing like that. Anyway I got the book out and set about setting it all up. I set the high brightness to 5 and the low to 5 but no difference. Am I missing something? I’ve searched for answers on the forum but all I can find is low battery, tested mine 12.25v standing nothing on and charging 14.4v. I have a spare battery I will hook up tomorrow. Another answer corrosion in the connector. I haven’t had that apart but I have wiggled it with no luck.
Sorry for the long post but has anyone got any more ideas or a new dash?
Thanks

High and low are just two different 'memory' settings, unless I am mistaken they can be set to identical lumen outputs.

Your dash should be mostly visible in bright light on level 5. At least your speed and gear indicator should be readable.

Not sure about troubleshooting tho

The NC700 (16/17 MY) manual says to "check for loose or poor contact terminals at the combination meter 16P (Gray) connector" on page 22-6.

Next is to measure the Power Input Line "voltage at the combination meter 16P (Gray) connector of the wiring harness side and ground

[...]

If no voltage, check the following:
-Open circuit in the Pink/blue wire
-Blown sub fuse 7.5 A (ILLUMI/STOP/HORN)"

I suspect you wouldn't be able to honk your horn if that fuse was indeed blown

there's another backup voltage line and ground line connection to check per page 22-7.

The manual is indispensable, there's also very handy pictures on these pages

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Tried the horn it’s ok. Will get my meter out and try the other things tomorrow.
I have been given a rather thick manual with the bike. It’s a Honda Shop manual but I haven’t been able to find any info. from it and I’ve also tried your references but no joy.

Thanks for that. Tried the horn it’s ok. Will get my meter out and try the other things tomorrow.
I have been given a rather thick manual with the bike. It’s a Honda Shop manual but I haven’t been able to find any info. from it and I’ve also tried your references but no joy.
The Honda Common Service Manual? That's a great resource for procedural techniques and troubleshooting, but not specific applications for the NC700. You'll want the NC700D/X manual. I got mine from a guy with an ancient website but great pricing.

It was either The Motor Bookstore or Service Shop Repair Manual dot com.

If I get around to it I might take another look through the manual for another solution. Do you have any light on your dash or is it competely dark?

Everything seems to work on the dash, but not the backlight.
Here is my manual.image.jpg
It’s about 2ins. thick.

Back