• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another new NC750X review

Googling myself is fun! :D

Sooooo I said honda was shooting themselves in the foot with the nc750.
HOWEVER, seems like mileage is the same (they say improved, buuuutttt), all the annoyances are gone. Price is +200€ (at least here).
Shows you how much of an expert I am :p
This one is a good improvement on the original, while keeping everything from the original.
Nothing too extreme, just tweaks. Think of it as nc700 1.1

The discounted 700x(500€ of discount) makes it 700€ less. I'd say any higher than 700€ of diff, and I wouldnt go for it.

The tires (which I didnt really show that much) are fantastic - Dunlup Trailmaxx. Squeaking tire over white lines in the wet? YES PLEASE!
Lets see... what else I forgot? I forgot to show the met-in/frunk/fakeTank/helmetspace/severedHeadStorage/whatever to the non-700 people. Then I shot the footage on my own bike, apologizing I forgot it in the test drive. Then I forgot to include said footage on the video.

yey me! :/

Last edited:
The curmudgeon in me laments the lack of objective information in DIY reviews but I suppose expensive print media that puts bikes through certain repeatable performance tests along with subjective impressions during reviews is going away in favor of free stuff on You Tube.

I do look forward to some objective reviews with quantitative data that I can compare to this excellent reviewer's impressions. I like to see braking distances, acceleration times, measured fuel consumption, dyno curves, etc..

wow Dave - you must get rather different magazine reviews Stateside compared to the UK. We might be lucky and get measured fuel consumption but only on a major comparison test would the journalists go testing acceleration times and I can't remember the last time I saw definitive dyno tests and braking distances. The main problem in the UK though is that IMHO the UK journos are only slowly and reluctantly buying into the idea that a bike can still be good without being a leading edge sportsbike.
Mike

wow Dave - you must get rather different magazine reviews Stateside compared to the UK. We might be lucky and get measured fuel consumption but only on a major comparison test would the journalists go testing acceleration times and I can't remember the last time I saw definitive dyno tests and braking distances. The main problem in the UK though is that IMHO the UK journos are only slowly and reluctantly buying into the idea that a bike can still be good without being a leading edge sportsbike.
Mike
UK's BIKE is my favorite magazine.

I enjoyed watching this video. Thanks.

...... So did I .. Thanks

I've almost decided to get an NC750X - I've taken a test ride - but I haven't yet tried the DCT version. I suppose that I should before placing an order. Although I've had auto cars I've never before ridden a bike without shifting the gears myself.

Mike

Thanks for the review Cager. It's feeding my thirst for all things NC whilst I wait to get mine. I couldn't get a test ride as the dealers around me can't get the bikes to keep up with demand so won't put a demo bike on.

Bike mag was always my favourite,that is until the last ten years ,,now they are too far up the own bottoms..Honestly am very disenchanted with all motorcycle magazines....I have watched Cager,,he,s ok to get a different perspective..

I just wonder if Honda is going to bring the NC750 to the USA this year. Honda still shows the 2014 NC700 on their website. Usually they announce their new year lineup about this time in September.

I just wonder if Honda is going to bring the NC750 to the USA this year. Honda still shows the 2014 NC700 on their website. Usually they announce their new year lineup about this time in September.

Not likely anytime soon. I do not think that we here in the US will be seeing the NC750X or other 750 versions of the US models anytime soon. Here's why. Both the EPA and CARB (California Air Resource Board) guidelines for emission standards must be met and "Certifed". It cost a "Boat Load" of money to do all the testing required to meet all the already ridicules requirements and standards. Once the engine family has met all these requirements, only then the 750cc models will be arriving on US soil.

An optimistic guess would be for the 2016 model year. I cannot wait that long. I love NaNCy and here 670cc engine.

... old thread, but here we are in 2018 with the 750 finally coming to the US in mid-year. Yay!

Cager, I enjoy your vids. You're not a technical reviewer but you communicate your impressions when riding better than most. Keep it up. :cool:

Back