• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another seat mod thread -

itlives

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, for your consideration -or not.
I'm not cheap, just poor. I bought the WalMart $20 4-wheeler seat pad and modded it a bit. It will work for some. It works great for me around town, I've yet to take a long trip on it but that's coming up in March (Hillbilly Hangout).
I didn't get a pic of the package sorry. This what it looked like (almost) before I got the scissors out.
DSCN0945.jpg
This is how I liberated it from itself
DSCN0946.jpg
I hand sewed the front edge because it has a backing I wanted to keep.
DSCN0947.jpg
I attached the cut-off front part to the bottom with Velcro. Easliy removeable if it is too high - which it wasn't for me.
DSCN0954.jpg
Here you can see the (white) velcro and the backing part which I did not sew on this part
DSCN0955.jpg
A couple of shots of the finished job.
DSCN0952.jpg
DSCN0956.jpg
This looks like it's going to work for me (6'2"). I also have the front seat mod done so the seat is probably 2-3" higher than stock. I think this will wotk for most people. Without the seat mod and only one layer of cushion will only raise it an inch - maybe. I think it was worth $20 to try and know if it didn't work I wouldn't be out much. It's no Airhawk but Airhawk will have to wait for more expendable cash.
Hope this is useful to someone!

PS- I treated it the 303 stuff. I had this on my scooter and it turned purple after a while. Hopefully the 303 will kepp it from turning. If it doesn't an Airhawk may come sooner than later!

Last edited:
Looks almost what I did when I used mine.problem I had it made the inside of my legs hurt. You can also still open the frunk and rear seat so that is a plus.

Back