• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anti Freeze Smell

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last several times I've taken out the NC, I'll notice a little antifreeze smell when I pull into the garage. I don't see any obvious leaks. Any thoughts or experiences with anything like this.?

Small amount of weeping past the seal on the radiator cap? Mine did that for rather a long while before I decided to replace it. Wasn't losing enough to bother with, to me, but eventually I tired of it.

Check for a bit of blue (or whatever color A/F you use) and white staining on the black paint on the top tank of the rad.

Thanks, I'll check that. Mine is a 2014 with 25000 miles. I have a new Himalayan and haven't ridden the NC as much this winter. I think she's pissed at me.

I once had the NC weep a little coolant at the water pump seal when it sat in the winter. My car will do it once in a great while, too. Start using them again and the leaks stop. No further action needed.

My ST1300 had the slightest seep, very common on the ST often caused by tension change on the hose spring clamps. ........especially when stored during the winter. Just enough to smell.
It also drip from the water pump weep hole. Same for my prior owned ‘83, ’93 Goldwing.

Back