• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anti-Theft

Sandspike

Reaction score
Visit site
Great anti-theft device that comes standard on the NC700/750X DCT is the park brake. 1 in 10000 people know what that dang thing is. Maybe less!

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We have scooters and each has a parking brake. A Zero electric motorcycle may have a parking brake, too. So, it’s not a totally unheard of thing in the 2 wheel world.

There are theft methods where the parking brake isn’t going to be a deterrent anyway.

Last edited:

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems i am mistaken.
I don't think you are. I think the parking brake would have a bit of theft deterrence for the opportunistic, casual thief that just wants to push the bike away. Also without a clutch lever or shift lever I think that would be a deterrent as well, as they would not be familiar with the controls.

It's also why I don't worry about having a knob in my frunk that I rarely remove, and never at a casual stop. How many thieves know the NC has a frunk? When you show it to a lot of long time motorcyclists they are surprised. I would worry more about the magnetic tank bags on my other bikes, but I don't worry much about those either.