• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anti-vibration mount help please

Frandemonium

Reaction score
Visit site
Carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm told getting an anti-vibration bar mount will help. I have a 2012 NC700XA and I live in Canada. Could someone please give me some direction as to where to start looking for one? I some some posts about Rox Risers and that others with CTS were getting them. Is this what I'm looking for and will it fit my bike? https://fortnine.ca/en/rox-speed-fx-2-anti-vibe-pivot-risers-for-7-8-and-1-1-8-handlebars

Also, is this a better solution than anti-vibration bar ends? Or should I just start out with buying some Grip Puppies? The problems started toward the end of the season last year so all I've tried is one of those cheap throttle assists. (It didn't help.)

Sorry, more edits. I keep learning more as I research. Can I use something like a Kaoko throttle lock with my heated grips? Money is an issue, so looking for cheaper solutions.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Just to confirm the current setup, does your NC have stock handlebars, and are the stock internal and external bar weights in place?

I assume so. The previous owner did not mention any changes.
When you asked if the risers were a better solution than bar ends, what bar ends are you writing about? The NC should already have bar end weights.

Those bar ends you linked are pretty to look at, but they are otherwise mostly worthless. You will note they are made of aluminum, thus are not likely heavy enough to make any notable difference in the vibration. The stock NC already has weight inside the handlebar end, as well as weight attached externally. You couldn’t (and wouldn’t want to) install those aluminum bar ends because there should already be weights on your handlebars. Post a photo of your handlebar ends for advice if you are unsure. If your weights are missing, I’d recommend installing the Honda parts.

Those bar ends you linked are pretty to look at, but they are otherwise mostly worthless. You will note they are made of aluminum, thus are not likely heavy enough to make any notable difference in the vibration. The stock NC already has weight inside the handlebar end, as well as weight attached externally. You couldn’t (and wouldn’t want to) install those aluminum bar ends because there should already be weights on your handlebars. Post a photo of your handlebar ends for advice if you are unsure. If your weights are missing, I’d recommend installing the Honda parts.
Thank you for the information.

I cannot vouch for this information, as I forget where I heard it, but some folks used to fill the hollow bars with lead shot to attenuate the vibrations.

YMMV.

I also have the Rox vibration dampening risers. Combined with a fresh set of Grip Puppies every other year or so, and reminding myself to loosen my grip, I've noticed a marked improvement.
What year model do you have? Any issues with the riser installation?

Update. I bought some grip puppies and the difference is incredible. I still get some numbness in my right thumb, but otherwise, I'm very happy with the result. I find that if I extend my fingers over the brake lever, I get some relief. I've also been using my heated grips on low for longer rides to warm the tendons in my thumbs and that really helps.

You may want to research some quality steel bars too, emphasis on quality! I find the stock aluminum bars needed the bar weights but the TC Bros steel bars I got do not. Aluminum is almost a springy material, especially as a tube, so it can amplify vibration, thus the need for weights. Thick steel is definitely more deadening and solid. You kind of feel the direct vibrations a little more but once I'm cruising, it's really just the road surface I feel if that makes sense. A few bumps here and there but not a constant buzz.

Update. I bought some grip puppies and the difference is incredible. I still get some numbness in my right thumb, but otherwise, I'm very happy with the result. I find that if I extend my fingers over the brake lever, I get some relief. I've also been using my heated grips on low for longer rides to warm the tendons in my thumbs and that really helps.
I was going to add that in addition to any modifications to the bike, if you'll extend your index finger (and maybe middle finger along with it) as you ride (like making a "pistol" with your hand) it will greatly reduce the stress on your wrists. Using two fingers to cover the brake lever is the same.

I learned this skiing eons ago ... pointing your finger, rather than keeping it wrapped around the grip (or ski pole handle) reduces muscle/tendon stress and doesn't diminish control.

You may want to research some quality steel bars too, emphasis on quality! I find the stock aluminum bars needed the bar weights but the TC Bros steel bars I got do not. Aluminum is almost a springy material, especially as a tube, so it can amplify vibration, thus the need for weights. Thick steel is definitely more deadening and solid. You kind of feel the direct vibrations a little more but once I'm cruising, it's really just the road surface I feel if that makes sense. A few bumps here and there but not a constant buzz.
I’m confused about your reference to “the stock aluminum bars”. The original, stock handlebars on my 2012 NC700X are definitely steel, not aluminum. The OP also has a 2012. What stock aluminum bars are you referring to? Did Honda change the handlebar material on later models?

I also had a spare NC700X stock handlebar that I installed on my Zero because I found it more comfortable. Again, definitely steel.

Reactions: MZ5
I’m confused about your reference to “the stock aluminum bars”. The original, stock handlebars on my 2012 NC700X are definitely steel, not aluminum. The OP also has a 2012. What stock aluminum bars are you referring to? Did Honda change the handlebar material on later models?

I also had a spare NC700X stock handlebar that I installed on my Zero because I found it more comfortable. Again, definitely steel.
Hmm, maybe I've had too many bikes over the years... steel must have been stock on this one. Regardless, the thickness of the replacement bars I used was enough that the ID would not allow the stock weights to go in even without the rubber rings. They are very stout and do not flex.

Looks like they are claimed to be .095" wall 7/8" OD - so .685" ID. I don't know what the stock ones were.

Reactions: MZ5
Back