• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any Grom owners yet?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm excited about the new Honda Grom. I see it becoming the new Ruckus cult bike - farkle city. Does anyone own one yet, and can you give any feedback? I know I saw one member had it listed in their profile.

Greg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Not me, the pot holes around here would swallow the poor little thing. I actually didn't know how tall it was until I just googled it, the pictures I've seen so far from Honda didn't give much of a size comparison to anything else. I was expecting it to be something of a street legal XR100

What is it these days with the rear fenders looking like a string of space debris trailing behind? Do all of the designers take the same mind-altering drugs? Coming from the factory with a hugger will make the Pyramid and Skidmarx employees emit a collective groan. Looks like fun.

What is it these days with the rear fenders looking like a string of space debris trailing behind? Do all of the designers take the same mind-altering drugs? Coming from the factory with a hugger will make the Pyramid and Skidmarx employees emit a collective groan. Looks like fun.

Huggers would be child's play. Extended swing arms are here, and that's probably just the beginning.

image.jpg

Greg

They appear to selling like "HOT CAKES" as they are rarely found on the showroom floor..............a friend on the east coast is on the waiting list.

I notice is has only a four speed transmission. It reminds me of the old Volkswagen Beetle advertisement which said...

Zero to sixty... Yes.

its called the MSX 125 which is meant rekindle the old Honda monkey bike. surprised its called the Grom in the states

Not me, the pot holes around here would swallow the poor little thing. I actually didn't know how tall it was until I just googled it, the pictures I've seen so far from Honda didn't give much of a size comparison to anything else. I was expecting it to be something of a street legal XR100

For size, here it is compared to a CB500X:

image.jpg

Greg

For anyone on the wait list Carolina Powerhouse in Columbia, sc has 3 on the floor as of Thursday.
I can see its city usefulness, but for any commute I would not like it at all. I did see a video of a guy take one on the interstate an manage 55 pretty well but struggled for 60mph. Best part is it will fit in an elevator for all you apartment folk.

Gigs

I've got one. The grom is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Is it slow? Kinda. Is the seat more uncomfortable than the stock nc? Yes. Is the rear end from the factory ugly as hell? Yes.

Then why can't I wipe the smile off my face when I ride it? The look on people's faces when you pass them on a street legal mini bike is great. The look on the Harley guys faces when I pass them is priceless. The fact that it makes the NC look like a gas hog is nice (100mpg is super easy).

I'll try to post some pics up tomorrow. I'll put it next to the NC for size comparison

I've got one. The grom is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Is it slow? Kinda. Is the seat more uncomfortable than the stock nc? Yes. Is the rear end from the factory ugly as hell? Yes.

Then why can't I wipe the smile off my face when I ride it? The look on people's faces when you pass them on a street legal mini bike is great. The look on the Harley guys faces when I pass them is priceless. The fact that it makes the NC look like a gas hog is nice (100mpg is super easy).

I'll try to post some pics up tomorrow. I'll put it next to the NC for size comparison

Please stop talking like this because you will make me have to sell my two Rucki (my wife would be mad since one is hers) and I will have to buy at least one or maybe even two Groms.

Greg

Last edited:
Back