• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any new trips (long) planned for 2013? Strictly only NC700 please.

Some of you guys have great things lined up - I hope you have a great time!!

I'm leaving the UK for a trip into Mainland Europe for 2 weeks during may, just me and the bike.

I have planned to ride the RdGa for the first few days before either heading down to Portugal or East through Switzerland and Austria before heading back through Germany - I really have no plans - no destination. Can't wait!

I plan to write a daily ride report with pictures so I will post the link somewhere when I get started for those of you who would be interested in reading about my travels as they happen!

Destination, John Day, Oregon for the "Chief Joseph Rally". The annual rally for the BMWRO. A ride to the "dry side" meaning getting out of the "wet side" of the Cascade Mountains and over into some desert country, and SUNSHINE!! June 13-16.

Some really great riding all around John Day, Oregon and the camping and rally is hard to beat. Not a BMW owner anymore but still get along with old friend there, and I do mean old. BMW Riders of Oregon to check it out.

Art

I'm considering one from Richmond, VA to Austin, TX to visit my brother. My wife only gets a week's vacation and I get three; I *HATE* flying (commercial airlines) and taking a train (*LOVE*) would take a few days and be more expensive. I think four days there, five or six days visiting and four days back should suffice. I'm planning on mid October so that I'm not miserable while I'm down there due to weather. I'm still not set on it, but I've got nothing else to do with my "use it or loose it" vacation time. I'm not good with just riding for the hell of it; I need a destination that has a reason. Assuming I get the seat in a good place before then, I think it'll be a pretty neat trip.

I'd like to spend a day (there, back or both) at the Dragon, but I'd love to hear input on other places worth a visit. I'll probably plan out a bunch of historical sites to visit, or perhaps a full day of Voodoo discoveries in New Orleans.

Going from Houston, Texas to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. If you want to go, your welcome. Leave July 9, first two days will ride fast on I-10 heading to California. July I-10 desert not a lot of fun. Once on coast will follow Hwy 1 and coast line winds all the way to Seattle. This will be slow take it easy ride. Canada to Alaska. This stage will be a real adventure taking the road less traveled. Where I end up every day is where I end up. Always carry a tent, like camping, but mostly hotels if its too hot. Don't believe Alaska will be too hot.

Way back is though Canada and drop down to Sturgis about Aug 8. Will spend a few days in the Buffalo Chip camp ground at Sturgis. Great bands and fun. Drop straight down North to South from Sturgis. Usually takes two to three days to get back to Texas from Sturgis. Most of this trip is take it easy.

I'm going to the ROT rally in Austin, Texas. Website: About ROT 2013

Leaving Houston area on June 14 (Friday)(Can leave at any time) and return when I fell like it. Will be hot riding, so properly stay in hotel in San Marcos but will have tent if weather permits. Will eat at lease one meal at the Salt Lick in Driftwood. All welcome to come.

Planning an epic trip in December of over 2500km. Going from Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth (all in South Africa) and back and also spending some time on the roads down there.

MEGA excited as this will be my longest trip ever on a bike. I plan to spend more time in the saddle in the next few months to prepare.

Back