• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anybody seen or know with this model is

Cody

Reaction score
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400297740.971135.jpg I really want the plastic off this bike so I can put it on mind any info would be greatly appreciative if you know where I can buy itImageUploadedByTapatalk1400297740.971135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an S model, not sold in the USA.

If you want the plastic you have your work cut out for you. One major difference is the the X's front fairing, windshield, headlight, and beak are frame mounted. On the S the windshield and headlight are fixed to the forks and pivot when the bars are turned.

Anything could be done with time and money. Knock yourself out!

Here is a manual version (your pic was a DCT).

8500124B3012041900500.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply if I can get my hands on the plastic I will modify my bike like this

There's a few of us on here with the S model. Mine's a 750S DCT. It really is a crying shame they decided not to import the S model into the USA.
I'm glad to see in the USA there are people just like myself who just prefer the simple looks of an ordinary roadster motorcycle.
Nice one Cody...:D

Last edited:
I'm glad to see in the USA there are people just like myself who just prefer the simple looks of an ordinary roadster motorcycle.

Unfortunately it's not about the looks. Make no mistake, wozza, I think the S model looks great! I prefer the looks of the S over the X, for sure. But I couldn't keep it that way. Right away I would be adding a tall windshield, luggage, raise the bars, etc to make it worthy for 2000-3000 mile trips, and then the cool "S" looks would be gone.

You said yourself that you use your S for rides 30 miles or less, and I'm sure there are many riders in the USA that do the same. Yes, it is too bad the S is not available here.

Thank you for the reply if I can get my hands on the plastic I will modify my bike like this

You'll need a lot more than just the plastic. The key-hole for the frunk and fuel tank is located down by the rider's left knee on the S, so all that mechanism would need to be taken into consideration. And unless you can find a wrecked S somewhere or somebody parting one out, I can't see getting the headlight assembly for a reasonable price. If you want your bike to look like an S, I think your best option is to sell your X and go shopping in Canada.

Unfortunately it's not about the looks. Make no mistake, wozza, I think the S model looks great! I prefer the looks of the S over the X, for sure. But I couldn't keep it that way. Right away I would be adding a tall windshield, luggage, raise the bars, etc to make it worthy for 2000-3000 mile trips, and then the cool "S" looks would be gone.

You said yourself that you use your S for rides 30 miles or less, and I'm sure there are many riders in the USA that do the same. Yes, it is too bad the S is not available here.

You can obviously get taller screens for the S, but they don't offer quite the same protection as the screens for available for the X.

30 miles or less? Isn't worth getting a bike out for that little milage

You'll need a lot more than just the plastic. The key-hole for the frunk and fuel tank is located down by the rider's left knee on the S, so all that mechanism would need to be taken into consideration. And unless you can find a wrecked S somewhere or somebody parting one out, I can't see getting the headlight assembly for a reasonable price. If you want your bike to look like an S, I think your best option is to sell your X and go shopping in Canada.

Really? I've never seen the trunk/gas key location on the S. Any chance you could post a pic? I like the location of the key on the X, but I really hate that it's molded into the plastic. I want to mount a keyed knob there but not advertise that it opens everything up. Is it that obvious on the S?

Likely due to space limitations with the body contours of the S up in that area. When compared side by side, the X is built up a lot more in that area just back of the bars whereas the S takes on a more traditional fuel tank shape.

I like the key hole down where it is on my bike. I think I'd scratch up the paint pretty bad with the other keys on my ring if I had it where you X guys do.

Likely due to space limitations with the body contours of the S up in that area. When compared side by side, the X is built up a lot more in that area just back of the bars whereas the S takes on a more traditional fuel tank shape.

I like the key hole down where it is on my bike. I think I'd scratch up the paint pretty bad with the other keys on my ring if I had it where you X guys do.
So is that the ignition key location or the key location for the frunk and rear seat fuel access?

It is not as simple as going to Canada, buying an S and bringing it back to the US. First, you have to go thru the customs, proper paperwork. To register in the US, must have the proper EPA paperwork, proper Certificate of Origin for the US, most license branches (if any) wont have it listed in their database to title and register. Numerous states (like Indiana) must have the VIN and paperwork checked by a local police department for any bike purchased out of state, if the VIN isn't in the US database, good luck. Anybody else ever try to buy a motorcycle and get it registered in the US?

Thanks for showing me that. I actually kind of like it right there. You could potentially be a lot more discrete with it than you can dead center where the gas cap should be. Of course, that could just be my imagination.

Not really the best place for the short key glued into a bottle cap or radio knob mod used on the X. Wonder why they put it there instead of where it is on the X?

I think it would be even better. You just add above and below the knob a couple of stickers saying "main" and "reserve", it will look like a fuel reserve switch, and very little chance people will clue in its to open the frunk and fuel cover.

Back