• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone bought one of Bell's custom-fit helmets?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
For at least a couple-few years now, Bell has offered a custom-fit option for their Star helmet. I didn't actually realize they were still doing it, but I was talking to the Bell rep at the motorcycle show (IMS) here in Phoenix over the weekend, and he said they're still doing it.

I have a loooong-oval head. Arai's old Profile, and their current Signet-Q, of which I have one each, are the only helmets I've been able to find in my entire life that don't give me a headache after riding a while.

I'm happy with the Arais (except for their price tag, but this thread isn't about an economy option), however I'm extremely interested in Bell's Flex technology in their current Moto-9 dirt bike helmet. You can read about what I'm talking about here on this Bell web page if you're not familiar with what I'm talking about. They're bringing that technology to the Star some time this year-ish. I've never had a chance to try on a Star, but the low-end street Bells, and the Moto-9, are too round for me. So, if the Star is a similar headform to those, it won't be a good fit.

Enter the custom-fit option. They supposedly scan or otherwise make very detailed measurements of your head, and shape the impact liner (not just the 'comfort' liner/pads) to fit. It sounds like a good option for me, but I'm curious as to whether anyone here as ever tried this service, and if so, how did you like what you got? What was the process like? Build time?

Thanks for any feedback.

Back