• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone ever seen a *Green* 2020 NC750X?

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gang,
Just sitting here on a Friday night cruising the Craigslist and the Cycle trader for various bikes and happened up this ad. It's supposedly a 2020 NC750X. Now, to the best of my knowledge, all U.S. marketed NC750X's were the Black version like mine used to be before I painted it. I know the Canadian ones were white. The British versions I think were even a different color too. And I know that there's people like me that aren't happy with the paint color that came on their particular bike so, like me, they get out the paint gun and vuuuuualllllla, it's a different color. Well, it's possible that this is the scenario for this bike. But one more thing, it doesn't show an ABS ring on the front wheel and while I can't zoom in on any photos of the front fender, I can't see any "ABS" decal on the fender side. The rear turn signals are thin LED'S too but that's easy for someone to change and the fronts are normal. What ya think, is this a legit color for ANY year NC750X and if so, what country?
Scott

The green looks nice, better than any standard Honda color, but in that lighting it appears too dark of a green for my tastes. I’d say 99.999% chance it’s a custom painted color. It appears built for the US market, not having ABS. The rear fender was modified; the rear side reflector scheme (lacking) would not have been legal sold in the US.

Hey 670cc,
Ya know, this is a strange deal. I save pics of different NC's in my picture file of my NC750X DCT just for reference and to look at different color schemes etc. Here's a really odd scenario. Since I'd not ever seen a green version of the NC for any country, I thought I'd copy one of the pics in that ad. The only way I can do this is to click on one of the pics in the add and then right click on it. That gives me choices how to save it. I then save it to my *Downloads*. Then, I head over to my downloads and find that pic. I can then click on it, then right click on it and it will enlarge it and give me another option for saving it. I hit "Save as" and that will bring up the last picture file I saved something to. In this case, it was/is my NC file. So, I click on the "save" text at the bottom right corner. You'd think all was fine wouldn't ya?

Well, I head over to my NC picture file and there it is. Great! But, when I click on it, this is where I equate the next scene to the old TV show The Twighlight Zone! Because when that picture appears in the next screen after I'd clicked on it in the NC file, the picture that appears is a COMPLETE MIRROR of the original picture!!!!!!!!!! The first time I saw it, it took me a minute or two to realize that it was actually mirrored. In the picture I saved, the bike was facing to the left with the front wheel on the left side. But, when I click on it in my NC file to look at only that picture, the bike is REVERSED and is now facing to the right, with the front tire towards the right. Now, that in and of itself is not too alarming. But, since it's a complete mirror, guess what, that picture appears with the chain and sprocket, ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BIKE!!!!! Hmmmm.

Again, it took me a minute to realize this is what was happening. That's when I really noticed it had no ABS ring. I thought what the heck is this??? Soooo, I erased all of them. I reloaded a pic from the ad and did the process all over again. It does the same exact thing, it mirrors the bike facing the wrong way with the sprocket and chain on the wrong side and the brakes on the wrong side.

I thought I'd post that picture on here and see just how quickly any of you would find out or see the sprocket etc. on the wrong side of the bike. But, and here's another Twighlight Zone phenomenon, when I load the pic onto the forum, it develops to 100% like linking a picture normally but, IS NOT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I erased/Deleted that one and did it again. AGAIN, it developed to 100% but, is not there. Hmmmmm. Folks, non of this is earth shattering hot off the press world breaking news. It's just something I've never seen. There is something embedded in that ad, that plays games with coping photos from it. Never, ever seen an-0ything like it.
Scott

The green looks nice, better than any standard Honda color, but in that lighting it appears too dark of a green for my tastes. I’d say 99.999% chance it’s a custom painted color. It appears built for the US market, not having ABS. The rear fender was modified; the rear side reflector scheme (lacking) would not have been legal sold in the US.
Whenever I think of changing the color of my bike, I consider what would happen if I didn't like the results. I am waiting for someone to come up with an app that can photoshop a picture in order to evaluate the finished product before starting.

Whenever I think of changing the color of my bike, I consider what would happen if I didn't like the results. I am waiting for someone to come up with an app that can photoshop a picture in order to evaluate the finished product before starting.
Well,
It's definitely a commitment to go through all of what it takes to change colors, no doubt about it. I knew way ahead of time I'd really like the color I was going for because we'd been living with it for over 5 years on our '15 Jeep JKUR. I originally was gonna shoot it in a pearl white. Some GM pickups sport that color and it's a very, very nice off-white with some decent metallic embedded. But, the Hydro Blue Pearl Coat won out so, it's a BLUE NC. And just by guessing, I'd say it's darn close to the 2020 version that was sent to the U.K. So, the thing to do is, pick a color that you're really familiar with, have known and seen it for quite a while, and THEN make the decision to paint your NC that color.

While it was a fair bit of work to dismantle the bike down far enough to get all the plastic Tupperware off that needed painting, and prep it for paint, then hope to heck that the paint gods were or are smiling upon you the day you decide to shoot the parts. That is, the weather is right (especially if you shoot outdoors like I do), the compressor doesn't malfunction or simply quit, your paint gun was THOROUGHLY and very efficiently cleaned out the last time you used it, that there's the least amount of humidity possible, and a few dozen other "what if's" that could go wrong.

Painting, or I should say automotive type painting, not house painting, is an art. I'm no expert, not even close. But I've done my share of experimentation over the years. A couple of cars, one Jeep, a zillion trailers, and other odds and ends. It's just fun to me. I don't like the prep work but no one does. I'm very, very happy with the results on my NC. And I used a plain old Harbor Freight paint gun to boot!
Scott

I have done custom colors on three motorcycles and have been very happy each time. I think a good practice is to pick a color already on an automobile that you can see in person. Get paint the code and paint the bike that color. No surprises that way.

Hey 670cc,
Ya know, this is a strange deal. I save pics of different NC's in my picture file of my NC750X DCT just for reference and to look at different color schemes etc. Here's a really odd scenario. Since I'd not ever seen a green version of the NC for any country, I thought I'd copy one of the pics in that ad. The only way I can do this is to click on one of the pics in the add and then right click on it. That gives me choices how to save it. I then save it to my *Downloads*. Then, I head over to my downloads and find that pic. I can then click on it, then right click on it and it will enlarge it and give me another option for saving it. I hit "Save as" and that will bring up the last picture file I saved something to. In this case, it was/is my NC file. So, I click on the "save" text at the bottom right corner. You'd think all was fine wouldn't ya?

Well, I head over to my NC picture file and there it is. Great! But, when I click on it, this is where I equate the next scene to the old TV show The Twighlight Zone! Because when that picture appears in the next screen after I'd clicked on it in the NC file, the picture that appears is a COMPLETE MIRROR of the original picture!!!!!!!!!! The first time I saw it, it took me a minute or two to realize that it was actually mirrored. In the picture I saved, the bike was facing to the left with the front wheel on the left side. But, when I click on it in my NC file to look at only that picture, the bike is REVERSED and is now facing to the right, with the front tire towards the right. Now, that in and of itself is not too alarming. But, since it's a complete mirror, guess what, that picture appears with the chain and sprocket, ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BIKE!!!!! Hmmmm.

Again, it took me a minute to realize this is what was happening. That's when I really noticed it had no ABS ring. I thought what the heck is this??? Soooo, I erased all of them. I reloaded a pic from the ad and did the process all over again. It does the same exact thing, it mirrors the bike facing the wrong way with the sprocket and chain on the wrong side and the brakes on the wrong side.

I thought I'd post that picture on here and see just how quickly any of you would find out or see the sprocket etc. on the wrong side of the bike. But, and here's another Twighlight Zone phenomenon, when I load the pic onto the forum, it develops to 100% like linking a picture normally but, IS NOT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I erased/Deleted that one and did it again. AGAIN, it developed to 100% but, is not there. Hmmmmm. Folks, non of this is earth shattering hot off the press world breaking news. It's just something I've never seen. There is something embedded in that ad, that plays games with coping photos from it. Never, ever seen an-0ything like it.
Scott
There are Honda dealers that paint the bikes before selling to the customer. Ive seen yellow, orange, green on mainly Goldwings, but they would paint NC750's I suppose.

There are Honda dealers that paint the bikes before selling to the customer. Ive seen yellow, orange, green on mainly Goldwings, but they would paint NC750's I suppose.
A Honda dealer paint a bike, especially a used one, all on their own, without reason? May I ask, why would they waist time doing that when there'd be no money in it for them? And the cost of not only the paint and materials but also the labor would be prohibitive to them. Now, does this mean it can't happen? Heck I don't know but most dealers won't even clean a used bike off before they put it on the lot for sale, much less take all the time and effort to paint it. And pertaining to off-color Goldwing's, yes, I've seen only a small handful. The phenomenal effort to remove all the Tupperware to accurately paint a Goldwing takes hours. About 80% of the bike needs to be disassembled to paint. Then, it has to be very painstakingly put back together. Now, if a new or even a recurring customer want's a Wing, new or used, painted prior to purchase, there's gonna be some SERIOUS up charges for that. I don't know what the percentage would be but, if I had to guess, I'd say one out of 10,000 would spend that kind of money to alter a Wings paint prior to purchase.

I'm not an expert on the NC750X or even the NC700. I have looked at many, many videos and have seen quite a few pics of both versions and that green one is the ONLY green one I've ever seen. Did the dealer paint it? Did the previous owner paint it? I think someone painted it because it's again, the only green one I've seen. And, it's a 2020. In the U.S., I'm led to believe that all of them were black. In Canada, all were white. In the U.K., all are blue. Did any get shipped out in GREEN, to any country? Not a clue?
Scott

Last edited:
weird how in the 7th pic, on the left side, it looks blue
Yeah,
A bit of maybe florescent lighting bouncing off the rear wall might cause that affect. Ever look at some cars in a parking lot at night with whatever kind of lighting some parking lots use? That lighting can completely transform the color of a car.
Scott

Back