• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone familiar with....

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone familiar with Accessory International out of Florida?

I ordered a top rack from these folks, got a email saying my order had been processed and that I would receive a tracking number within 48 hours..... that was 9 days ago. After calling them I find out that customer service apparently enters your order as processed before they check with the warehouse to see if they actually have the item in stock.

Now they say it is back-ordered and I may see it in three weeks.

Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks in advance.

I ordered my SW-Motech EVO side racks from them because price and shipping charges (free) were better than Twisted Throttle. I had no problems with the order. Shipping was prompt. Funny thing was, the box had Twisted Throttle written all over it.

Maybe you were just the victim of an inventory glitch.

I've used [THIS] service before to learn about retailers.
It's kind of like the customer reviews you get on pages about products.
People post their experiences with retailers so you have a chance to know if one is legit or not.

Edit: didn't find "accessory international" when I searched.

Edit 2: I didn't find it under "accessory international" but when I put in
"www.accessoryinternational.com" it came up.
there seem to be a mix of reviews just scanning the list. See them [HERE]
(of course, so far it has a 0.9 rating out of 10.... hmmmmm....)

Last edited:
People post their experiences with retailers so you have a chance to know if one is legit or not.

Thanks! After reading the reviews, I think I will be lucky to get my item on time and/or at all! And I don't think I'll be using them again!!

They are basically a conglomerate of different aftermarket motorcycle accessory parts, and have a good bit of their business come directly from distributors drop-shipping orders for them.

What I believed happened, is that your Top Rack was a normally stocked item, but on this occurrence, the distributor was out of stock, meaning no one could get it before they themselves restocked. They had likely said it was in stock, as that is what they had anticipated, without checking beforehand.

Like Mr. 670cc said, just a product of a (preventable) inventory glitch.

So........... The question now is whether or not to take a chance that they will fill the order in a timely manner or to go ahead and cancel the order, hoping they will honor a refund!

So........... The question now is whether or not to take a chance that they will fill the order in a timely manner or to go ahead and cancel the order, hoping they will honor a refund!

if they are not-then one call to your credit card company will solve the problem. AMEX in particular is very good at it

The only two good reviews on there look like fakes to me...:confused:

Well... As a follow-up, I actually got a shipping notice from UPS telling me the product will be delivered on Friday!

But, after reading the reviews and dealing with their shipping practices, methinks I'm done using Accessories International as a vendor. Twisted Throttle was more money, but they are definitely more dependable and professional.

Back