• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone install SW-MOTECH Trax Evo Alu-Boxes yet?

pdxer_2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone install the SW-MOTECH Trax EVO side cases yet? If so, any pics? Looks like the quality may be better than the GIVI Trekker cases.

pdxer_2000, if you have a Suzuki dealership near you, stop in and look at the V-Strom 650 Adventure. The Suzuki dealership near me has one that comes standard with the Trax boxes you're asking about. Maybe they'll have one nearby you can check out. I personally didn't like the quality, but they looked great on the V-Strom. If you like the adventure bike look and would like a nearly indestructable set of panniers, take a look at cariboucases.com. They make side cases out of Pelican brand cases and the hardware to mount them to SW-Motech, Givi and Hepco Becker side racks. The profile of the pelican bags are also narrower than that of other side cases. I had always thought that with the Pelican cases mounted, one wouldn't need engine guards. They're also MUCH less expensive to replace due to their availability and symmetry.

Thanks for the suggestion Cyclerosis. I checked out the link. The cases look like some really great construction, but I really want a pannier system that opens from the top. I've had so many side cases that open from the side and always get frustrated with stuff flopping out of the case when I'm out touring. But great for those looking for some other case options. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for pointing them out draco, just checked them out. They are a little on the small size. When I first saw them I thought they were just for transporting files or medical lab supplies since they had all the inserts for business use. I did more research last night and I think I'm still leaning towards the TraX 37-liter EVO's.

Hi pdxer_2000,

Have you found the Evo Trak luggages and gotten them installed? I like those luggages, and also considering the top box as well. Let us know if you found anything.

- Saru

Hey Saru,

No I haven't. I'm hoping to get the in time next year for the riding season. I don't have any touring plans this year, but if I place an order this winter and get them installed, I'll be sure to post a picture.

I've got the Trax 37 litre panniers on my KTM Adventure and they seem to be good quality and well made although I haven't done that many miles with them yet. Just need to get the racks so I can use them on my NC too!

I'm trying to decide between the 37 liter or the 45. The 45 is only an inch and a half wider. Are you happy with the storage capacity of the 37? I don't want bags that look disproportionate to the size of the bike. (I'm concerned that the larger ones might look too big.
Saw them on a V-Strom the other day. It has to have one of each because of the exhaust. It didn't look too big on that bike.....

Basically I want the functionality of a truck and the compact look of a Mini Cooper! ;)

Back