• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone living with AFIB

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my first know AFIB attack back in October. Passed out in the kitchen. Doc gave me some pills and see ya in a year. I had low potassium, overweight, so I thought I could control this thing.
I've been concerned that I have a "weak" feeling from time to time...scares me a little b/c I don't want to pass out....when driving.

I bought a little device that will do a one point EKG and reads through an app in the phone. Last night, I had another attack. Didn't pass out, but indications were AFIB, so I sent the report to a clinician that confirmed AFIB. Sometime in the night, my heart converted back to a normal rhythm, which is what happened when I went to the ER.

The big question is "do I keep riding" My favorite ride is a multi day trip to explore this great country. But now, I'm afraid.

Anybody living with this? I signed up to an AFIB forum and am still working through the posts, but am not encouraged.

I don't have it but my younger brother does. He is still driving-he hasn't passed out from his but causes a lot of pain for him when it occurs, takes some medicine and waits for it to pass. The doctors tried to control it with medicine, then a small pace maker, and he still has issues. Next thing they are going to do is actually go in and kill off some of the heart muscle-the part that is generating too much electrical current causing the afib. Hope to see you in May at KSL...

Hopefully the Doctor put you on blood thinners. AFIB can cause clots which lead to strokes and Pulmonary Embolisms. Your question about continuing to ride a motorcycle or drive any type of vehicle is best answered through a discussion between you and your Doctor.

Back