• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone mount a Shinko 805(130/80) rear on the front?

hbwesman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I would like to mount a set of 805's on my NC and have a couple of questions as I am a new NC owner. I really want to have some fun with it off-road and would like a front that'll grip. I know the TKC80 is a popular option but I would prefer an 805 if it'd work.

1) Has anyone mounted the rear 130/80/17 on the front?

2) Would the rear 130/80 fit the front without modifying the front fender?

And for the rear.... I of course need to decide between the 150/70 and 170/60

*I had come across this article of the 805's on the NC and got inspired.

Link - https://rangerpointstore.com/news/kitting-the-honda-nc750x-and-nc700x-for-adventure/

Attachments

• NC back ends.jpg
    NC back ends.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I realize you may want a taller tire for offroad purposes because that's what real off road / dual sport bikes have (taller front tire), but the NC is not off road capable enough to where a 1.6" taller tire is really going to benefit you enough to worry about all the things you question.

I HIGHLY doubt you will ever encounter a situation on a 120/70 805 front where you have a problem offroad and be able to say "I would have made it if I had that 1.6" taller tire!"

Also, riding offroad means encountering mud and dirt that sticks to your tire and will pack in between the fender and tire, hence why most offroad / dual sport bikes have fenders mounted much higher than the street bike fender that is on the NC, because after all it is a street bike that just happens to have above average ground clearance.

In my opinion, there would be no better option for sizing on the 805's than the 150 rear and 120 front....

I realize you may want a taller tire for offroad purposes because that's what real off road / dual sport bikes have (taller front tire), but the NC is not off road capable enough to where a 1.6" taller tire is really going to benefit you enough to worry about all the things you question.

I HIGHLY doubt you will ever encounter a situation on a 120/70 805 front where you have a problem offroad and be able to say "I would have made it if I had that 1.6" taller tire!"

Also, riding offroad means encountering mud and dirt that sticks to your tire and will pack in between the fender and tire, hence why most offroad / dual sport bikes have fenders mounted much higher than the street bike fender that is on the NC, because after all it is a street bike that just happens to have above average ground clearance.

In my opinion, there would be no better option for sizing on the 805's than the 150 rear and 120 front....

That's one hell of a reply you wrote there. If you only knew the 805 is not manufactured in a 120/70/17.

Last edited:
Back