• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone ridden a Moto Guzzi V85TT?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
They’ve looked very interesting to me since they were announced. I’ve never sat on one or even seen one in person, let alone ridden one.

The only MG I’ve ever ridden was one of the 1400s a few years ago. Don’t recall offhand whether it was the Eldorado or California or what, but I think those engines and chassis are all the same. It was a nice bike, but they (the reps taking care of the bikes on that riding day) were having a touch of electrical confusion so the bike I rode was set to ‘ultra-twitchy throttle’ setting.

Anyway, I’m super curious about the V85TT. What are they like? How’s the suspension? What’s the seat-bars-pegs relationship like, compared to the NCX? I know the MG is several pounds lighter, but I don’t think they’re _that_ far apart. Could you feel much engine heat off those heads? What about quick transition handling with the longitudinal crank?

I tried one in the spring and several folks I know have bought themand like them. On the day I tried one I jumped off my X-Adv on to the Guzzi and the first aspect that struck me was a slight top heaviness in comparison to the Honda. That made me a little wary doing tight turns at walking speed at first. I am 5'8" with a 32" inseam. Saddle height was no problem for me and seat to handlebar relationship was good. The bike was new so revving it hard was not an option, but I was able to rev it freely. Its a torquey motor with no noticeable power band. Its power and torque are not stump pulling but like the NC it does the job well. It had a nice sound to it and no noticeable vibes. The inline crank was not a problem when on the move over twisty backroads. Suspension was good imho and by comparison to the X-Adv was supple.

Overall it was a nice motorcycle that I might have purchased a few years ago, but that slight top heavy feeling would put me off at this stage of my life when I have a preference for lightness overall and especially a low centre of gravity on a bike. Tellingly when I got back on the X-Adv the difference in that regard was very noticeable for me.

I would strongly recommend a test ride and furthermore it is the first Guzzi I have ever considered purchasing.

Reactions: MZ5
Everything about the V85TT is attractive to me except the distance to the nearest dealership. I’ve never seen one in the wild but it is a bike that inspires my dreams.

Reactions: MZ5
Thanks for the ride report, Griff. It’s kind of just daydreaming for me, perhaps, but that bike seems like it might be really neat, and suit my wife and me pretty well. The NCX is a good bike, but not the most comfortable for her when we ride together. A rolling BarcaLounger (Goldwing) is what she’d like, but that’s not in the cards for now.

I bought one last week. Traded in my NC700 dct. I like it very much...probably because it is so much like the R1100GS that I still have. I agree with Griff's overall assessment. This will probably be my last motorcycle purchase other than possibly a Honda Trail 125 for carrying on my camper. This Guzzi really rides nice and the standard cruise control is one of the best features.

Attachments

• 20210622_090519.jpeg
    20210622_090519.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Back